Chapter 5: The Gala (Lemon)

Y/N POV:

I sat In class as I was writing down the work that my Aunt was teaching the class. At this point I had already read through the whole book so I wasn't learning anything new. I was basically just revising. 

"Alright children, do the activity and then we'll be done for the day." Aunt Caline said as I got busy with the exercise. I looked to my right to see Juleka struggling with the quiz. 

"You good baby?" I asked moving closer to her to see what she was struggling with. 

"Yeah I'm fine just a little distracted is all." She said as she started to write the right answers down. I smiled and got back to my work.

~Time skip~

It was now lunch as our usual group sat together. I was walking together with Juleka who seemed to be deep in thought. One of the students ran past and almost ran into her. I used my power to stop time before I pulled her a bit back. I resumed time as the student ran past Juleka looked confused as she was a bit more back now.

"Careful, you almost got run over. You've been out of it the whole day. Are you ok?" I asked holding her forearm helping her rebalance herself.

"Y-Yeah I'm fine..." She said in a meek voice. I smiled sadly and took her hand. 

"Follow me." I said as I took her to the school roof. Once there I leaned on the protective railing. She walked next to me as she also leaned on the railing twiddling her thumbs. 

"I can tell something is wrong, tell me what's bothering you Juleka." I said as I took her hand in mine intertwining our fingers. She looked at me as she sighed and started to stutter.

"W-Well... M-My family h-has been invited to a G-Gala a-and they said they m-might be marrying me off t-to one of the s-sons of a rich family... Apparently he's taken an interest in me..." She said as small tears ran down her eyes. "But I don't want any of this... I want to be with you and I told them that but... They said if we combined two powerful families then it would be beneficial to our businesses... I don't wanna lose you Y/N..." She said as she moved towards me and collapsed into my chest as I held her close.

I held her in my arms as she cried. I was racking my brain trying to find a solution to the problem. An idea clicked in my head as I pushed her off me slightly. 

"What if I were to accompany you, talk to your father, maybe I could convince him to let us be together. Seriously my family may not be powerful but I'm a hero who can protect you. That has to count for something." I said as I held her hands in mine. 

"I want to be there for you, I promised I would never leave your side. I'm not starting now." I said as I hugged her. 

She smiled at me as she only cried harder. She suddenly pulled me into a kiss as I kissed back whole heartedly. I loved this woman. And I was going to keep her safe.

~Timeskip~

I had my suit on as I was fixing the tie. I smiled as I looked at myself in the mirror. I brushed my hair the right way as I finally looked complete. I heard a knock at my door to see my dad at the door.

"You look quite dashing my boy. I hope you enjoy the Gala. I remember when I fought your mother's father about her hand in marriage. You're doing a brave thing here Y/N." He said smiling. I walked towards him and hugged him. 

"Thanks dad." I said as I broke from the hug and started to head out the door. 

"Oh and one more thing." He said as I turned around. "Yeah?" I asked looking at him as he smiled at me. I haven't seen him smile like this in a long time.