Inspiration

Ryota woke up early the next morning and gave Toru a call.

"Hey, Toru. Let's have practice today. I promise I'll do my best for the launch and the tour."

After he hung up, he fixed his equipments and went to the studio.

Ryota was already practicing when the three arrived. He stood up straight facing them and then bowed.

"I'm sorry for the trouble I caused the band. I promise I'll work hard and always give my best."

Toru, Tomoya and Taka were stunned.
It was Taka who recovered first and approached Ryota.

"Don't mind. Let's start the practice."

He said smiling widely. Toru and Tomoya smiled and went to positions.

They were really happy on how their practice session went.

While they were packing their equipments, Toru asked Ryota,

"Did something happen?"

"Nothing at all. I just realized I can't go on hesitating like this. I enjoy being with you guys. I'm really happy to be in this band so I decided I'll do my best." Ryota replied smiling.

Tomoya wasn't convince at all, moved to where Ryota was, looked at his face for a full minute and blurted out,

"You are in love!"

"What are you saying?" Ryota retorted while pushing his face away and continued packing their things.

Toru and Taka were both suppressing chuckles of laughter.

Before they left the studio, Ryota called Toru.

"Toru, can I ask you something?"

"Shoot" Toru replied.

"Do you mind if I put our songs in an Mp3 player and give it to someone as a gift? Do you think it would be a nice gift? Ryota asked.

"Of course, it would be a nice gift, our music is good. Stupid! But giving it in an Mp3 player, can you assure it will not be leaked before the launch next week?" Toru replied, looking bewildered while hitting Ryota in the head.

"Yeah, I'm sure!" Ryota replied while scratching his head where Toru hit him.

"Then, I don't mind. Go ahead." Toru replied.

"Thanks, I'll go ahead. See you tomorrow, guys." Ryota said while waving goodbyes to them.

"What was that?" Taka asked Toru.

"Nothing to trouble you. Let's go." He replied looking both to Taka and Tomoya.

Ryota dropped by an electronic shop to buy an Mp3 player. He bought a player that has the same color as the carnations he got Ayaka yesterday. He went straight home and copied their full album in the Mp3 player.

With his bass guitar and mp3 player in his pocket, he excitedly headed to the park.

He saw Ayaka on her favorite swing. He wasn't able to contain his excitement, he unconsciously shouted,

"Hi, Ayaka!"

All the people in the park looked at him except for Ayaka. He was so embarrassed; he quietly sat at the next swing beside her.

"Hi, sorry for the ruckus! I'm just so glad I could see you outside today."

"Hey, Ayaka. Remember I told you I'm a bassist. I already went to practice today before seeing you. We were actually having a hard time because of me during the last week. But I want to thank you, because since I met you, I was really motivated to go to practice." Ryota said in one full breath while taking his guitar out of the case.
"Let me play a few lines for you today."

Ryota started playing the guitar and to his amazement, when he looked up, Ayaka was looking at him. No expressions but definitely looking at him.

Ryota smiled to Ayaka and continued playing. He was really happy to see her finally looking his way and he was also amazed on how his playing sound.

He's playing the same notes he did during practice but it sounded really beautiful.

He can't help but sing with it.

Ayaka was paying full attention to him and he felt good about it.

Unknowingly to Ryota, the three followed him to the park and saw him with the girl on the swing, playing his bass while singing.

"So that's how it is." Toru said.

"I told you that guy is in love." Tomoya excitedly said.

"Let's go, we’ve seen enough." Taka smilingly said while tapping Toru and Tomoya by the shoulders.

And they left the park together.

Ryota continued playing until the nurse came. She smiled to Ryota, he smiled back before ending the song he was playing.

Ayaka was still looking at him when he grabbed her hand. Ryota was sure he felt her twitched but he still pushed the Mp3 player to her hands.

"Ayaka, please listen to our songs. It’s all in there. You have a good night."

The nurse walked beside Ayaka back to the hospital.

"He is a nice guy, right?" The nurse asked Ayaka.

Ayaka did not respond but changed the direction of her gaze to follow the leaving Ryota.

The nurse quietly smiled.