Confrontation

Ayaka was still thinking of how she will find out truth behind the lies of Suguru. She finally realized a possibility and decided to message Suguru.

“I’m coming back to Kanazawa. Let’s have dinner at my grandparents’ house the day after tomorrow. I hope to see you there. I want to thank you for accompanying me in my trips.”

It was a long trip but Ayaka was restless.

More than her fear in riding a car because of the trauma she had since the accident,

she was enveloped with fear of losing Ryota because of lies created by other people.

She can’t believe what was happening and would want to find out the reason behind all of it.

She was also concerned why Ryota did not ask her anything. It would have not grown out of proportions if he did.

That child-like idiot, creating conclusions without asking!”

She can’t help but be irritated to the most important person in her life right now.

Ayaka tried her best to sleep and relax because she knew she will need her strength if she is to uncover the truth behind everything.

After almost a day of travelling, Ayaka reached Kanazawa. It was almost midnight when she reached her home and Naruki was waiting for her.

She hugged her and went directly to her room where Ryo-chii was excitedly waiting for her. She cuddled with him and remembered the happy memories she had with Ryota.

She needed to be ready for tomorrow. She was a bit sad missing One Ok Rock’s concert in Nagoya but she knew she had to do this first before she face Ryota again.  

The next day, she went to her grandparents’ house for dinner. Suguru was already there and chatting happily with her grandfather.

It seems he doesn’t know that I found out about his lies.” She thought to herself.

Suguru saw her coming, welcomed her and assisted her to dining table.

Dinner went smoothly. She doesn’t really intend to do it over dinner. She knew that after every meal in his grandparents’ house, tea will be served in the living room and that will be her chance.

In the living room, Suguru was seated beside her. She passed her phone to him to be able to read the message on it.

Why did you lie to Ryota about the engagement thing?

Suguru’s smiling expression changed to a guilty one.

Ayaka’s grandfather was as sharp as ever noticed the change, stood up and snatched the phone from Suguru. Ayaka was now looking to her grandfather.

“So you found out? Did that Ryota told you? What a weakling!” Her grandfather shouted.

“Ayaka, I’m sorry.” Suguru blurted out.

“You don’t have to apologize, Suguru. I asked him to do it because that guy is not appropriate to be your husband. A rock star! What will he offer you? Music? Those guys are the good-for-nothing type of jerks! He will just try to monopolize you and your fortune and you will be left with nothing! If Suguru wasn’t engaged to be married to someone else, I would have wanted him to be your husband.” Her grandfather said in a demeaning tone.

“NO!” Ayaka stood up, furious and for the first time in months she was able to say her first syllable.

She was surprised and it sounded weird but she can’t let her grandfather say anything more.

She mustered all her strength to be able to continue speaking. She started speaking in a syllabicated manner.

“You. have. no. right. to. play. with. my. emotions. You have. no idea.  what I have. been through. You have. no right. to play. with Ryota’s emotions too. He was. a total stranger. who took. time and tried. to make me smile again. Everyone. left my side. during the. hardest time. of my life.And now, I found. someone who is. willing to. stay by side, you. planned on ruining it. I lost my parents. in front of my eyes. and I wasn’t able to do. anything about it. Do you realize. how painful. that was? You’ve always hated Mom. for marrying Dad right, grandpa? So you can’t care much about. their deaths. Now you want. me to do what. Mom never agreed with you, finding her husband for her. I won’t let you. You know I’ve. always loved. you and respected. you but dragging Suguru into this is something I can’t even understand. I’m sorry but I don’t plan on losing Ryota just because you said he is a mere rock star. Have you met him? Have you known how good he is as a person? You haven’t so you don’t have a right to judge him. He helped me realize that there is a value in continuing in this journey even though I’ve almost lost everything. Can’t you just understand that and be happy for me?”

She was almost out of breath when she was finished. Suguru even needed to assist her to be able to stand which she dismissed.

“I hope you will eventually try to understand me.”

Ayaka left without properly saying goodbye.

Her grandparents and Suguru was flustered with everything Ayaka said and was not able to say anything.

Ayaka returned home feeling so tired.

The confrontation drained her strength.

Naruki almost fainted when she heard her say she was back.

She was able to speak.

It was hard but she was able to say what she wanted to.

Now that she could speak, she could tell Ryota how stupid he is and how important he is.

She was suddenly full of excitement and anticipation.

She called Ryo-chii for the first time and cuddled with him until she fell asleep.

 . . .

During their trip to Nagoya, Toru mentioned what happened with Ayaka.

“I was concerned with her expressions; she does look like she doesn’t know anything about it?”

Toru contemplated after telling Ryota what happened after the Sapporo concert.

“She may be acting it out.” Taka responded in a childish manner.

“Yeah, because we found her out.” Tomoya answered in agreement.

“Just let her be. At least she will stop following us in our tour.” Ryota commented in bland tone.

“Did she message you already?” Toru asked.

“I don’t know, I blocked her after our concert in Sendai” Ryota casually responded, still looking at the window.

The three was surprised to found out what Ryota did and decided to keep quiet.

Ryota tried his best to pretend that he does not care but at the back of his mind he was worried about her especially after what Toru mentioned. But he dismissed it.

They still have two more concerts, one in Nagoya and the final in Tokyo. He has to remain focus and composed.

 . . .

It’s the day of their Nagoya concert, they provided another phenomenal show. The energy and experience was fascinating that their Nagoya fans were left in awe even after the concert.

The band was definitely walking the right path to the lime light.

Many were excited to their final concert in Tokyo and even the big recording companies are in great anticipation.

They were exhilarated.