Chapter 7

"I asked for the file 20 fucking minutes ago Manny. Should I hire someone else to do your fucking job?" He rushes out of my office and 10 seconds later returns with the requested file.

Finally.

"Leave. I don't any disturbances for the next hour". He nods and leaves.

I sigh. I put on the Origins album by Imagine Dragons. Burn out being the first song that plays. I feel burnt out.

It's been 4 days since I came back from Canberra. It's Thursday today. I took Xavier to see my mum and grandma on Sunday, right after we got out of the airport.

I had... no needed to see her after my little breakdown. But that nightmare, well memory took a toll on me as you can see. It reminded me why I shouldn't let anyone close to me. They all disappoint you one way or another.

My phone rings, "Is it done yet?" I ask.

"Yes Ms. Swanson, I got every last one of them. You should be getting an apology soon." Finally.

"Good, keep it that way." I end the call. I sigh.

Stupid media. They blew the whole thing out of proportion. Kept saying that my date was my son and that the father was a secret and all that. I had to get my media communications liaison to get rid of all those photos and papers.

Now that it's dealt with, I can work.

My phone rings again. 'Jonathan' my head of security calling.

"Speak."

"Ms. Swanson, the package has been ready for a while, you haven't come to collect it." Oh shit. I completely forgot.

"Were my instructions followed out correctly?" I enquire.

"Yes Ms. Swanson."

"I'll be there tonight to collect it". Perfect timing.

I won't be able to focus on work anymore now, might as well go shopping before I collect my 'package'.

'Hey Lib, I'm free for the rest of the day. Lunch and shopping?'. I'll probs hear about the drama that happened at the party since that was the last time I saw or spoke to her. Oops. Well I've been occupied.

"Manny". He enters

"I'm taking the rest of the day off, so deal with things accordingly. And what's my schedule for tomorrow?" I recall there being a meeting tomorrow out of office, so I either won't be here till afternoon or not at all.

"There are two meetings scheduled for tomorrow. Both of them are being held at Moretti Hotel. The first meeting is at 11:00am with the Mr. Johnson he's interested in re-designing his whole network setup." Damn his whole network, that's a big job. He is one of the people Minister Pyne introduced me to.

'Pick me up, I have the night shift so I'm free. Who needs sleep when you can shop' Libby replied.

"The second is with the CEO of Moretti Hotels, Mr. Xander Moretti at 2:00pm. They are opening another hotel, this one down in Tasmania. They want us to design the network and supply the equipment." That name sounds familiar. Minister Pyne mentioned it I think.

"Okay, call me if there's an emergency." I pack my things and head out locking my office.

---------

"Let's go in this store. I need new handbag." I follow Libby.

"So.." Here we go.

"So what?" She turns with her hand on her hip.

"I had a little talk with Manny. What crawled up your ass?". I scowl.