Chapter 21

I can say I'm ready but then I'd be lying. Regardless of how many times I've been assured that nothing bad will happen, I get the feeling something will.

They told me I'm in under no circumstances to go confront him. He should be the one approaching me. My only concern is that regardless of how prepared I think I am to face him, I'll freeze up. I speak from experience. I'm not saying I've had a stalker before but the first time someone creepy came up to me I froze.

I remember one winter when I was a teen, around 16 I'd gotten off the train after visiting a friend and since it was cold I asked my mum to pick me up from the station. The train station was around 5 minutes away from my house on foot. So, driving took about a minute or two. I'm so thankful that, on that day I'd called her because as I saw her pulling into the car park, I felt someone behind me as I turned around there was this man standing so close to me. I still remember he was a head taller than me. I had brushed my nose on his chest and then with wide eyes I'd looked up. He was smiling at me. I'd heard my mum call out my name and I snapped out of it. I ran to the car and told her to drive. I didn't dare look back.

We were about two blocks away from my house when mum had finally broken the silence and asked who that was. She was so worried when I'd told her I didn't know who that was. After that day, I was never allowed to go out alone or on the train. She'd pick me up and drop me off wherever I wanted to go. Trust me I didn't argue because I too was terrified.

Anyways I see the car coming to stop at the airport. I have to do the whole act of coming back from New Zealand. Except this time there is no disguise. I'm being shoved into a fucking suitcase. Johnathan points to the suitcase telling me it's time to get it.

It's going to be so uncomfortable...

————————-

"Fuck off Johnathan. I almost died into that suitcase." I could see him trying to stifle his laughter but his eyes were almost glistening with tears of laughter.

He was an ass. First he wouldn't let me out because apparently it was funny and then when he unzipped it and I was almost out he fucking sat on it so I couldn't get out. Eventually; a couple of minutes later; when I had kept quiet and no showed no response he finally got me out and only because he thought I'd passed out.

I'm glad he found humour in my misery. I roll my eyes at him.

I get that he's trying to distract me so I act normal and I'm thankful for it. Somehow I'm more irritated than usual, guess it's the nerves.

I'm going to shift my focus onto anger. The anger I feel because he put Ben and Zander in the hospital. The anger I feel because he made me distance myself from my loved ones. The anger I feel because he invaded my private space. He threatened everything I hold dear.

Getting myself riled up was a good idea as I feel the nerves dissipating as burning distaste bubbles up for that psycho.

With my a snarl on my face and my eyes portraying my anger. I walk out of the airport surrounded by my security guards.

'I'm back. Heading to Volt cafe now, want to come have coffee with me? x'

I'd lowered my security system enough for him to see any messages that I'd send and receive today.

'Yass girly. I'll take my break early. Let's meet at say 12? x'

Libby had suggested and I use that term loosely, that she should actually show up at the cafe. You bet your ass I refused her before she even finished her sentence. She put up a fight but gave in when everyone reassured her that I'd be safe and there would be plenty of people around to secure me if things go down south.

'12 at Volt cafe. Sounds perfect see you soon x'

I didn't want to have to spell it out but I wanted to be sure Frank would read it. I should get a notification soon about my security being breached- ah here we go.

"Everything upto now has gone according to plan." I tell Johnathan.

"Let's hope it stays that way." He says.

We get to the cafe a little early but it's better. Since the cops can slowly begin to pile into the cafe as customers.

When I walk in I see a few people inside. I'm hoping most are cops if not all. I scan the room and don't see the most awaited customer of the day.

I sit down and order myself a custard bun and a cold coffee as it is a warm afternoon. My order is delivered to me quickly.

Libby: 'There's been an emergency and I'm sorry but I won't be able to come see you.
:( How about tomorrow my treat?'

'No worries. I'll take you up on that offer. Let's decide when and where tonight.'

She was to cancel so he'd think I was all alone here.

I take a sip of my coffee and close my eyes. Enjoying the cold, sweet yet bitter taste in my mouth. Unfortunately that's comes to an end when I hear a voice.

"Do you mind if I have a seat here?" I snap my eyes open and there stands Frank. He takes a seat before I have the chance to refuse. He looks different from the photo I saw.

In the photo he looks like a normal, cocky, with a underlying hint of psycho man. But the man that stands in front of me is a timid man that has big spectacles and a oiled back hairstyle. He's wearing sweatpants.... His face barely recognisable with all the facial hair. Now in this attire he reminds me of someone I once knew.

I guess that photo wasn't recent huh.

" I didn't say you could sit down." I say coldly and loudly. I'm not even going to pretend to be nice.

Behind him I see the officers turning around and flashing their badges at me. Letting me know they'll react as soon as he does something.

He stands up and I look away sipping my drink.

"Well miss, May I have a seat here." I thought he was leaving. I see detective Warren nodding his head telling me to play along.

I sigh and gesture him with my hand to sit.

"I'm assuming you're here alone, since you let me have a seat." Bastard damn well knew because he read my texts.

I simply nod. It's taking a shit lot of effort to not snap at him. I can't show any sign of knowing him. I clench my fist under the table and he whips out the next set of words.

"You're beautiful you know. Up close you're even more beautiful."

"Up close?" I question. Creep.

"When I was entering the cafe I mean." Sure that's what you meant. Even if I hadn't seen his photo, this encounter would have definitely assured me this is the stalker. My back is facing the entrance there is no way anyone can see my face from there.

He realises this and begins to offer excuses that he'd seen me enter the cafe and how he'd seen me in newspapers and shit.

By now detective Warren was standing right behind Frank. He places a hand on Frank's shoulder.

"I'm going to need you to come with me sir."

He moves with speed I didn't know he possessed. He rips the hand off of his shoulder and topples the table on the detective and then he does what I dread.

He runs.

A/N: Another one done. Hope ya'll enjoy.

VOTE AND COMMENT!!