Chapter 12

It-It's Ben. My goodness no.

Fuck there-there's so much fucking blood on him. I try shaking him, hoping he would wake up.

"Oh god, Ben please wake up." My hand hits something cold and I see there is a knife poking out of his stomach. I quickly check for a pulse and nothing. Not even a faint pulse, this cannot be happening right now. I dial 000. The operator tells me to go inside and lock up. They tell me officers were dispatched and would arrive within 10 minutes. I hang up and call Johnathan.

"Ms. Swanson, hope you're well?"

"H-He's dead" 

"WHO? Are you okay? Did something happen to you?? Answer me Delta!" It's my fault, if only he wasn't here tonight.

"Ben, someone stabbed him. He has no pulse." My hands were covered in his blood and my once white robe was now stained red.

"You lock up, grab your gun shoot if you have to. I'm coming."

"Did you call the police?" I felt a tear rolling down my check. He's dead.

"I did, they'll be here soon." 

"Good, you go get your gun. Now Delta." I walk upstairs to my safe and get my gun. When I had gotten my licence, I hoped to never have a situation arise where I would need to use it. 

Ben was such a good man. He was so young, 30 years old. He had a life to live. He always talked about wanting to have kids someday. Now he can't, he's dead and that's your fault Delta. 

A knock on the door startles me. I aim my gun at the door. 

"It's Victoria police. Ma'am we need you to open the door please." I lower my gun as I see two police officers waving their badge at the camera. I shove my gun in the drawer and open the door. 

"Are you the one who called us? You're Ms. Delta Swanson?" I nod.

"You have blood on you, are you hurt?" 

"No." My voice sounded so monotone. Behind the officers I see police cars and two ambulances. They paramedics were carrying Ben on the stretcher, with a sheet over him.

"I'm sorry Ms. Swanson, do you want us to call anyone for you?" Johnathan and him were my very first bodyguards. Ben was always around, even when I couldn't see him. I knew he was in the shadows giving me space but watching over me. 

The officers took me to the other ambulance so I could get checked for any injuries.

I'd met Ben in the gym I used to go to. I had been so angry when I first met him. I was still bitter about my dad and Sterling was causing fights on a daily basis. Ben had been the loner. He was always at the punching bags or he was in the boxing ring fighting someone. I'd fought him. He told me I couldn't fight and my technique was shit but my hits were forceful. He taught me how to defend myself. That was 5 years ago, I was 19. I finally asked him when I was 22 and my company had started to gain a lot of attention, I asked him to be my bodyguard. It took me a while to convince him. If only I hadn't, he'd be alive.

I feel someone shaking me and it's Zander? I didn't have the emotional strength to feel giddy at his arrival hell I didn't even question his presence.I simply let him hold me. I could hear him talking to the people around me, I heard Johnathan asking me if I was okay but I kept reliving the moment I found him. His eyes shut and a pale face. 

Whoever did this is going down. If it's the same person who's been sending me things, then boy am I going to hunt this fucker down.

"We will need a statement from Ms. Swanson, we can wait till tomorrow morning since she is in shock." 

"Yes tomorr-" I cut Johnathan off.

"I'm fine, I'd prefer to give you my statement right now." They all turned to me, probably since they didn't expect me to say anything.

I give them my statement and they told me that a detective would contact me and would keep me updated with any leads. 

They leave and I turn to the two gentlemen. 

"Now, Mr. Moretti was there something important that you came here for?" I know I sound rude but I can't let anyone else get hurt.

"Ms. Swanson I found your wallet in my car. I came here to return it to you." I hadn't noticed.

"Very well, thank you and my apologies for the trouble. Have a good night." I turn to Johnathan and he was looking at me without an expression on his face just like myself.

"You know what to do, I'll see you tomorrow. Good night." I walk back into my house. I close the door and lean my back against it. I suddenly get this eerie feeling of being watched. Don't react. I walk into my bathroom and clean up. I left the door open didn't I? While I was checking on Ben. It feels like my private space has been invaded. I grab my phone and turn the brightness to the lowest. I check to see if there is any one else in my house, with the body heat detector.

No one, but someone definitely was in here, I know it. I notice some subtle changes, the door to my closet is open, my towel that I left on the floor is on my bed and a few other things just like that. If they wanted to kill me they could have easily done it while I was caught off guard. Oh fuck could it be a stalker? It has to be.  

I pair 2nd phone with my speakers throughout the house and I play loud music on the speakers. I call Johnathan with my other phone.

"Someone was in my house. I don't know who but they came when I was occupied checking on Ben."

"The line is secure yes?" 

"Yes and I've got music on, in case there's a bug or camera hidden." No I haven't seen too many movies. I've heard these things in some of the cases that Johnathan has told me about.

"Remember it's usually someone you know. Can you think of anyone that maybe you have recently met or someone in the past that seemed off?" Think Delta think.

"No one stands out, maybe it's Bruce Willis or his daughter but since they are off the radar we can't be sure." 

"It can't be them, they are in the Maldives. We tracked them." Fair enough I thought maybe he would be holding a grudge but he's on holidays. Fucker.

"Well keep looking and I'll keep thinking about who it could be."

"Yes and I'll keep you informed. You get some sleep." I doubt I'll be getting any sleep. 

"Alright night." 

Who could it be? 

A/N: uh oh. Poor Ben :-(

VOTE AND COMMENT!!