Chapter 10

DELTA'S POV (She's back)

It's been a week and a half since that incident happened. Some very weird things have happened since. First the Willis' have dropped off the radar. Second I've been getting gifts and letters dropped off from someone. My security is looking into it but so far they've come up blank and this has never happened. They can find anyone with the technology we have. Lastly that brooding and sultry man with his husky voice has been plaguing my thoughts since the day we met. 

I've been avoiding scheduling the meeting for a few days now. Once we sign the contract and the  project commences. I'll be seeing him often since he insisted on being there for most part of the project. I don't even know why, usually clients don't get involved to this extent. 

Today, I've sucked it up and finally got the meeting scheduled. Tomorrow I'll be seeing that man. Today will be a day spent in the office. When I get to the office there is a box on my table again. This is getting really worrying now. What if it's... no no no it can't be, could it? Should I ask mum? Maybe not till I find out for sure, I don't want to worry her.

Johnathan! He'll get me the address. 

"Johnathan I need his location." This is so frustrating. Everything is being dumped on me all of a sudden. I guess after a couple of peaceful..ish years I should have expected shit to do down again. 

"The address is being sent to you as we speak".

"Thank you, that's all for now." Okay time to find out the secret behind these gifts. 

I have to drive more than an hour to get to the address Johnathan sent me. I mean I'm glad it's not close but the anticipation is building up. I end up outside a house, there is a car in the driveway so I assume he's home. It's okay Delta just go to the door and get the answers to your questions. I'll be okay, It'll be okay.

I take a deep breath and walk towards the door. I get to the door, ready to knock on the door. I shouldn't have come here myself, Ben or Johnathan could have done this and reported to me. It's a little too late now. I sigh and knock on the door. A woman opens the door, moved on I see.

She smiles, "Hi, can I help you?"

"I'm here to speak to Benardyn?" I don't have time for pleasantries, I don't want to stay here any longer than I have to.

"Um yes, I'll get him for you." She leaves and I turn away from the door and walk a few steps away from the door. I'll keep it short and won't speak about anything else, just strictly what I came here for.

"Who are you? How may I help?" Comes His voice.

I turn around his eyes widen and he blinks a few times. Yeah I don't believe it either I'm here. He still looks the same except he's aged 6 years.

I take out the dress from my handbag. "Did you send this?" 

He snaps out of his little trance and looks at the dress. I analyse him carefully, I'll know if he lies.

"No, I didn't. Why? Who sent this?" He looks at me confused.

"Have you sent anything else in the past few weeks?" He doesn't get to ask me shit, I'm the one asking questions.

"No Delta hone-" I cut him off. 

"Don't." I clench my fist and snatch the dress out of his hands. He didn't send it and didn't lie. I'm done here.

I turn and start walking towards my car. 

"Wait, please. I haven't seen you in years. Tell me how you've been? I want to talk to you."

I halt, my temper trying to get the best of me. I look to my right and at the corner of my eye I could see him.

"This is what you should've been asking all those times instead of blaming my mother for your faults. Dad." I hiss out the last word. It felt so foreign to me.

"You're about 15 years too late." I speed walk to my car and take off.

I turn my music up with the hope to stifle my anger.

Okay, so I got this possibility out of the way. I don't know if I should feel relieved or concerned. If not him then who?

------

Since yesterday I've increased my security and asked Ben and Johnathan to investigate the stalker as they like to call it.

Now I have two bodyguards plus Ben, they don't let me out of their sight. They ensure there is no one in the office that doesn't belong there. They check the toilets and any other place I have to enter. I'm grateful they want to keep me safe but I can go to the toilet alone. I can fight a little. They wanted to post guards outside my house all the time but I talked that down. Not that it made much difference either Ben or Johnathan will stay the night at my house until this person is dealt with. I couldn't leave them outside the whole night, I'm not that heartless.

Right now I'm on my to meet Mr.Moretti. I'm being guided to his office by Mr.Frazer or Ethan as he insists I call him. People really don't like being formal huh. I don't prefer people calling me by my first name unless they are close. 

We walk in and there he stands look edible..Woah what no. Stupid brain stop it. Meeting okay, singing the contract. Concentrate.

"Ms. Swanson, lovely to see you. How've you been?" I could see him checking me up and down, damn that sent shivers down my spine.

"Likewise Mr.Moretti. I'm well and yourself?" That's good, formal.

"Please have a seat and we'll get started."

It took about 15 minutes to read over the new terms and sign the contract. Finally I need air.

"All done, I'll debrief my team and then we should commence this project without any hassles. Since you want to be involved throughout the project, I'll call you once they start."

"Of course, just don't take too long this time. I was surprised to get your assistant's call, I almost thought you forgot about me." He was joking around, I could tell but that was not my work ethic. 

"My sincere apologies for that Mr.Moretti, I was a preoccupied with some personal matters." 

"Well I hope everything is alright. I can accept your apology on one condition". Condition oh right I did the same thing. Fair enough.

"Have coffee with me?" My breath got caught in my throat for a few seconds before I composed myself and managed to nod.

"Sweet let's go." Now? Oh geez, I needed to get away from this amazing man for a moment before I lose my composure.

"Yes sure, tell me the place. I'll meet you there." This will give me time.

"Nonsense, I invited you. I'll drive you." Think quick.

"I um can't leave my car here." I said um out loud. I'm starting to lose my composure already.

"Sorry to interrupt Ms.Swanson but I'll take your car." Damn it Benito!

"See all solved. Now no more excuses let's go." Fine fine. It's not like I want to say no.

We walk to his car and...

"No"

A/N: We're up to double digits '10'

What's happened? What's wrong with the car or is someone or something there????

VOTE AND COMMENT!!