Chapter 15

My eyes shot open. Ho lee fuck. That was a dream. Quite a fucking vivid dream. I look down and it was Xavi jumping on me trying to wake me up, he was hungry. Thank god he woke me up at the right time. It's 5:34pm and pretty bright outside and hot.

I place him on the bed and run to the bathroom and throw up. Those fingers touching me felt so real. I know it was only a nightmare but it felt real. Way too real. I brush my teeth and splash cold water on my face.

I go to the kitchen to made dinner and put on a movie. I need to get my mind off of that. I make us some chicken alfredo pasta. It's Xavier's favourite and mine too. We finish the whole thing in less than 5 minutes, I didn't realise just how hungry I was.

I go to put the plates in the kitchen when the doorbell rings.

"Xavier upstairs my room. Now!" I don't know who's outside but I'm not taking any chances with him. He runs upstairs. I check the camera and it's Zander. Oh I didn't know he'd be coming over.

I open the door. His looked relieved to see me. He rushes in and starts checking me for something. Satisfied he closes the door behind him.

"Zander what's going on?" He shoves box in my hand. No not again. The box is similar to the ones I've gotten before. They all have this weird emblem on the top. Johnathan had found out that it was an 'A' in some other language. Arabic I think.

"You should have told me Delta. You have no idea how worried I was between the time I got the box and when I saw your face when you opened the door. I didn't know it you were safe or hurt." I heard him but I couldn't look at him. My eyes were fixated on the box.

Slowly his voice got drowned out by my heart beat. I slowly lift the lid and the first thing I see is a letter. Little magazine and newspaper cuts out were used to write the whole damn thing. 

'She's mine. Stay away  or face the consequences.' 

That was definitely the stalker. Under the letter there were photos. So many photos. Photos of Zander and I. Some of them at my house, the others at his house. There were some from the hospital this afternoon. The last two had my blood running cold. They were different from the others.  They were taken with phone or a normal camera but these were a screenshot of cctv camera and it was my bedroom. The first was him standing at the foot of my bed with a hand in a waving motion. The second one was of me in my bed in the bloody rode. 

These were from that night he murdered Ben. I knew it, he was here!

That means he's been watching me ever since. I feel so disgusted. Oh no I sent Xavier upstairs. I drop the box and run upstairs. I could feel Zander running close behind me. I see Xavi on my bed. I grab him and run back out.

"We need to get out of here Zander, he has eyes in this house." We get out and I put Xavi in my car.

"Breath." I struggled to breathe so he grabs my head and makes me look into his eyes. There was so much concern and warmth in his eyes. Breathe in. He was whispering sweet nothings to me. Breathe out. His cool fingers were on my neck. Breathe in. He made our foreheads touch. Breathe out. I closed my eyes and tried to keep breathing.

"Thank you, I'm okay." I need to get away from here. I should go to a hotel. I could change rooms or even hotels everyday, he wouldn't be able to watch me then.

"Hotel, I need to get to a hotel."

"We can go to my hotel, I'll ensure that the security is tightened and no one knows what room you're staying in." We get into our cars and he tells me to go first and that he'll follow me.

The whole way there I kept looking around, whenever a car passed by I would look to see who was driving. That was agonisingly  long. 

Finally when we got there, we were quickly ushered upstairs to a room. Seems Zander make some calls in the car. Not that I was complaining. I was quite thankful for it.

After getting settled in and ordering some clothes, I told Zander to go home. I didn't want to trouble him anymore. He told me he'd be back in the morning and that if I needed anything I should call him.

I deicide to fill Johnathan in on tonight. He told me he'd be sending over two bodyguards. He also contacted the detective and was told that some officers would be dispatched to watch over my mum's house, Sterling's house and my hotel room. There would be some people checking my house for cameras and other bugs or trackers. 

I had started keeping a gun in my car just in case and luckily I tucked it in my pants before getting out of the car. Xavier was asleep at this point. I sat down on the floor. That camera had been there for almost a month. My skin felt like it was on fire, he watched me sleep. He watched me change. I felt so vulnerable. Me. The Delta Swanson who was feared by others, that Delta Swanson was terrified herself today.

I got a text from Johnathan. He had sent over the details with photos of the officers and bodyguards that were watching my family and I.

I need this nightmare to be over already. I have enough shit in my life without adding this. It's the last thing I can take on right now. I'm worried about the fact that he might hurt the people associated with me. I've got one death on my conscience, I wouldn't be able to take any more.

It's not safe anymore. I need to get away from people. Tomorrow morning there will be some changes. I need to make calls. First one to Mum, I told her that I'd be away on a business trip overseas for a while. I didn't give her any indication of how long I would be. Next I called Jasmine. I told her the same thing. I told her that after dropping Xavier off at the daycare I would be heading to the airport. I called Manny and told him to cancel any face to face meetings for the month and not to schedule any new ones. Only phone or video calls.

Lastly I called Johnathan. I told him to to get my cars off the roads, they shouldn't be visible to anyone. I would travel in a black SUV with security and two more SUVs trailing in front and behind.

If keeping people safe meant I had to be go away from them, then so be it.

Sigh.

-------

A/N: What a rollercoaster of emotion

'A' I wonder who that could be? Employee? Ex-lover? Friend?

VOTE AND COMMENT!!