Chapter 8

Beer bottle cans littered the floor, half eaten take out cartons piled high on the worn out sparly apartment

Beer bottle cans littered the floor, half eaten take out cartons piled high on the worn out sparly apartment.  The smell of cigarettes hung in the air and overflowed in every ashtray in the messy apartment. Jungkook shuddered as he sat on lounge chair with cigerette burns on the both arms.  He hated being here.  He always avoided this place like the plague but his mother finally caught him at his apartment and dragged him here.  They were late on the rent again.  Begging for money again.  Her drunk ass husband again blew all the money he gave him again.

The place was filthy and he understood why they lived they way they lived. The neighborhood was a nice one and on a good respectable side of town yet he had to keep giving them money every single month.

"Late again on the rent again, Mother?" He snorted in her direction. She glared at her youngest son. "Don't take that tone with me. You never answer your phone. Ray got laid off from his job last week."

"Ray is a drunk and he gambles away the money I give you every month." Jungkook sunk further back in the threadbare chair and wrapped his arms around his legs.

"Don't use that tone with me, Jungkook. I'm still your mother. You don't give me enough money. Jungkook scoffed. "Jesus, Mother. I give you more than enough. Hell I know for a fact that Joon gives you money too so where the hell is it going? Oh yeah, Ray gambles it all away or has to pay off his bar tab. Maybe he's got a few whores-"

*SMACK* Jungkook flew backwards off the chair and onto the hard, cold floor. His mother stood over him with her hand down by her side, bright red and swollen from connecting with her son's face.

His hand touched the burning skin and his eyes blazed with anger. His mother just glared at him in her usual manner. "I am your mother and you will not speak to me that way." Jungkook stood up slowly, his cheek stunk and head ached from bumping the floor. He finally made it to his feet, pulling himself up to his full height. He looked down at his mother with disgust and contempt.

"This is it, Mother. You and Ray are on your own. I will not be sending or giving you money anymore. All my life I've had to take care of you and whatever man clawed into your bed. Joon's dad wasn't any better though I thought when he tried to molest and rape me you would of thrown him out but no,you didn't believe me till he was arrested for raping another kid. Jungkook growled at his mother. He looked into her eyes and saw nothing. No empathy, no love, just a dark black nothingness. He couldn't feel anything for her. He never loved her either.

Jungkook grabbed his jacket, opened his wallet, threw the remaining cash he had onto the dirty floor without looking at his mother. He headed for the front door but his mother's voice stopped him in his tracks.

"Your father is being parolled next week." Jungkook heard behind his back. He whirled around and stalked back to his mother. She sat on the couch lighting a cigerette calmly. She looked up at her son and cocked her head to the side.