A stupid, stupid heart

"You're way too young and there's no way I can be with ya right now. Sorry, kid"

Frisk sighed, still rubbing her eyes.

"way too young"

She pressed her lips in a thin line, frustrated.

"right now"

The girl exclaimed in exasperation, gathering weird looks from her classmates at the cafeteria. Klum (ex Monster Kid) turned his dark brown eyes at Frisk, curious.

-Yo, Frisk! Are you ok?

-HUMAN!! - a tall skeleton wearing a red apron and a matching chef hat appeared by their side, like he was summoned by magic - IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG? YOU DIDN'T EVEN FINISH YOUR SPAGHETTI! - Papyrus looked at the girl with eye sockets full of worries.

-Oh, sorry guys! - Frisk faked a smile - I was just thinking about all the ambassador work I have to do today and got distracted, that's all. Sorry for worrying you, Paps, I'll finish my plate in a minute. Today's spaghetti is great! - she gave him a reassuring thumbs up. The skeleton seemed convinced. He smiled back and stroke a pose placing both hands on his waist.

-OF COURSE IT DOES! AFTER ALL, IT WAS COOKED BY THE GREAT PAPYRUS!

Frisk's smile was genuine this time. "School number one assistant", a position created specially for Papyrus. That was one of Toriel's best ideas so far, the extravagant skeleton seemed the happiest he could be managing his duties, which included welcoming the students on the mornings, patrolling the corridors and, obviously, assisting in the kitchen as the official pasta-maker. After all these years of practicing, Papyrus' food gradually changed from inedible to decent, and now it could even be called good most of the time. Frisk couldn't be prouder of her friend.

-OH, HUMAN! - Papyrus turned at her - IF YOU WANT A RIDE FROM THE GREAT PAPYRUS TODAY, MY SHIFT ENDS AT SIX!

-That would be great, thanks!

-NYE-HE-HEH! HEY, LITTLE HUMANS!! - he runned towards the other side of the room - FOOD IS NOT FOR PLAYING, STOP THROWING IT AT EACH OTHER!!

And so the great Papyrus was gone. Monster Ki... Ahem. Klum starred at him for a moment longer and then turned back at Frisk.

-He is sooooo cool!!

-Yes he is - Frisk smiled, then went back to eating.

~

After classes were over Frisk went to the library. She wasn't exactly an ambassador yet, she was a student afterall. After the barrier was broken the girl was determined about being the one responsable for advocating for monsters' rights, but everyone else (mostly Toriel) insisted she finished her education, then they've tried to meet in the middle someway. So, since she started High School, Frisk was officially an "ambassador apprentice", also a position created specially for her. Her duties included a weekly meeting with politicians and to manage some paperwork, which is why she lead to the library today.

The girl sat on her favorite desk at the back of the room and initiate her work. After a while, her thoughts returned from where they'd stopped before at the cafeteria.

Sans.

Funny, charming, clever Sans.

Oh well, what a situation! Five years ago Frisk crushed hard on her older skeleton friend, got rejected and moved on with her life. And now history was repeating itself. Yes, she had a crush on Sans. Again. But wait, how can it be? Didn't she get rejected already? Wasn't she supposed to get over it for life?