A Dream Come True

Seven years ago

It was a beautiful day outside. At the center of Ebbot Park, a short monster and a human kid were laying under a large tree, comfortably resting on it's shadow. The human was staring at the monster with a curious look in her permanently squinted eyes. Suddenly she turned at him, blurting out the question that have been eating her alive. 

-Sans, how old are you? 

The skeleton, who happened to be only half awake for the past ten minutes, blinked quietly to the leaves above him. When his lazy mind finally processed the question Sans grinned at the kid, winking.

-Heh. Good question. 

-What, you won't tell me? - Frisk turned to shout to his brother, who was jogging around the park and passing by them at that very moment - Papyrus!! How old is Sans? 

-GOOD QUESTION! 

-Oh my god!! How can you not know?? 

But Papyrus was already gone. Frisk buffed, turning at Sans again. 

-You really won't tell me? 

The skeleton didn't even open his sockets this time, he just gave her a mocking grin. 

-Kid, I'll tell ya that: it could be anything between fifteen 'n two hundred.

-Saaans!!

-Drop it, pal. I'll never tell ya. 

...And he really didn't. Frisk could be the most determined human alive, but Sans' metaphorical lips were sealed for that matter. Later the kid discovered Papyrus wasn't joking: Sans explained to her (and only her) that due the Gaster incident, the younger skeleton had some giant holes in his memory and in fact he could barely recall his childhood. So he DID NOT KNOW Sans' age. He didn't even know HIS OWN age, Papyrus only knew he was the younger one because he recalled being shorter than Sans at some point. And that was it for that matter. 

~

~

Frisk yawned from her place at the couch, absentmindly poking the skin over her nails, a pair of bony feet resting on her lap. They were at Sans' place as usual. It's been almost three weeks since the two of them have said the famous three words and since then they have been seeing each other basically every day. They probably wouldn't be able to keep this schedule when Frisk's classes restarts next week, but they were enjoying it while they could.

Sometimes they went out to eat or watch a movie. Sometimes they just stayed home doing nothing, like today. Sometimes Sans couldn't make it out of his bed and Frisk stayed there with him, making her best to give the monster some comfort and showering him with happy hugs. These days happened very often on the beginning but now their frequency decreased a lot, the crisis was ending at least. There would be others, sure, but they've decided to take one battle at a time. 

Speaking in battles, Frisk was determined to relive an old one. Here she goes. 

-Sans, how old are you?

-Heh. Good question - he didn't even blink. 

-Sans!! 

-I guess it could be anything between fifteen 'n two hundred.

-You... You said that same numbers seven year ago!! 

-Really? - Sans shrugged - So I guess it could be anythin' between twenty two and two hundred and seven. 

-Saaans!!

-Drop it, girl, I'll never tell ya.

-But I'm...