Chapter 1

"Christmas is such an amazing time! We celebrate it with the people we love, under the Christmas lights, hot cocoa, cookies, beautiful trees! We wrap up the end of the year with a bang!" Geonja exclaimed giddily, wearing her knitted Christmas sweater with a lit up tree in the center. The strong dark brown wolf's purple eyes sparkled with excitement as she was explaining it to Alamere. The light blue fox with black freckles and aqua green eyes looked up nonchalantly yet annoyed at his adoptive sister.

"You do realize I hate Christmas? Right?" he stated bluntly as he sipped his lightly sweetened coffee. His attire was bland for the season. A gray t-shirt, tan jeans and a heart necklace that symbolized his years of friendship with Fern Anderson. Geonja's ears drooped.

"But, you never tell me why." she muttered feebly. Alamere wasn't usually uptight with his big sister but this time of the year was stressful for him, it brought back so many memories, memories he wished to recreate with the ones he lost all those years. Thinking about it sent him in a depressive loop.

"I- I don't want to talk about it and besides I hate pity, you know that." he became slightly agitated.

"I'm not gonna! Please tell me." she whined slightly. She grabbed his arm and tugged on his shirt slightly. Alamere was getting more tense over this. He set his mug down and just walked away, not responding, his ears droopy and his eyes sulky. He weakly said,

"I don't want to talk about it." Geonja watched sadly as he walked away. She sighed and slumped against the counter and pulled a folded flyer from her back pocket and opened it.

"I guess he doesn't wanna come to the Christmas karaoke bash." she sighed.