5

I knew I would have a great regret...

I just never knew it would be this soon!

It's just that I was thinking about Adrien, and I now I feel bad, because maybe Cat Noir got the wrong idea.

It's just that they looked so familiar, and I feel even more bad about it because I know Cat Noir likes Ladybug, not Marinette.

Marinette sighed as she walked inside class. She didn't want to come today, but her mom was not going to let her stay home.

She walked up to her seat, looking down. Even though Adrien was staring at her, she refused to look back at him. She just felt so hurt that the girl he was dating wasn't her.

"Mariette, can I talk to you later?" Adrien asked. "There's something I want to ask you."

Marinette gritted her teeth. You're going to ask me for advice on how to treat Kagami out for dinner? "No thanks, I'll be pretty busy."

"But, it's really important," Adrien urged.

"I said no thanks!" Marinette sat down on her seat hard, and she regretted it.

"No need to feel embarrassed about it," Adrian suddenly said out of nowhere. It was then that Marinette chose to look at him.

"Embarrassed about what?" She asked. "And stop acting as if we're the only ones in this class!"

She... Doesn't want to talk to me? What did I do?

"Girl, what's wrong?" Alya asked, feeling worried. Marinette and Adrien look like they were in a fight. Did something happen?

"Nothing is wrong," just Adrien, and that's it.

"Tell me, you look mad," Alya said, looking at her bestie's face angry face.

Why do I suddenly feel so angry? Oh yeah, because Adrien wants to talk to me for Kagami! And when he said he was hanging out with Kagami, I bet it wasn't just a hangout. They were probably doing all kinds of stuff...

Ugh! Marinette, snap out of it!

"But... You look troubled," Alya tried again, but the girl only said she was fine and bent her head.

-

"Mom, I'm home," Marinette sighed. "Mom, can I talk to you?"

"Sure honey, what's the matter?" Her mother came out of the kitchen and dried her hands.

"It's just that..." Marinette sat down. "So listen... I have a crush on this guy and I was going to tell him that I like him, but then I caught him with another girl and now..." Marinette sniffed. "He's with another girl, Mom."

Her mom gave her a hug. "Marinette, shh, it's okay. You'll find a better guy."

"Why do you all tell me that. How can I find a better boy than him. I was just too late."

"Marinette, it's not exactly his fault," her mom broke the hug. "He chose to be with a girl that he liked..."

"A girl that wasn't me!" Marinette growled.

"Marinette! You have no right to be angry," her mom folded her arms. "You didn't tell him you liked him in time, and that's a good thing too. If he liked another girl and you went and confessed to him, you would have been even more broken because he would have rejected you..."

"But Mom... He liked another girl that's not me..."

"And that's his choice. Sometimes things don't always go the way you want it too. I feel sorry, but this is the truth."

Marinette sniffed again. "I guess you're right," she sighed. "It was his choice. It still hurts, but I have to live with it now."

Mariette stood up and ran upstairs, with the tears in her eyes.