10

"Marinette, read the letter," Alya urged. "I'm sure it's something important anyways. You don't want to miss it."

I'm still surprised that she and Cat Noir are this close. How did it happen and why didn't she tell me?

"No, I'm not going to read it," Marinette sighed. "Besides, I'm sure it's not that important."

"You're not reading it because I'm here?" Alya asked. Marinette kept silent. "Is there something you're not telling me? Huh, whatever, I don't care. Don't hide the letter because of me. It's not like I'm going to make fun of you because you two are secret lovers."

"Secret lovers??!!" Marinette yelled. "Where did you get such idea?!" She hit her friend with a pillow. "Alya, get that idea out of your head now!"

"So you don't want to admit it?" Alya grinned. "Alright then, I'll just ask Cat Noir about it."

Marinette glared at her, so she quickly added, "of course I was just kidding."

Marinette knew she was kidding, but she wasn't in the mood for jokes. "It's just that... What I did, it's too embarrassing to be talked about, that's all."

Alya stopped playing around and looked at her. "I'm sorry Marinette, I didn't mean it. But I was serious when I said you shouldn't hide the letter because of me."

Marinette looked down and sighed. I'm not hiding the letter because of you. I'm hiding it because I'm too embarrassed to read it.

-

"And you guys had so much fun?" Chloe asked.

"Yes we did. He took me to the park and we had lunch together," Kagami said. "He's real sweet, you know."

"Oh of course I know," Chloe replied. "We've been friends since we were little and he's been nothing but sweet."

"Been friends for a long time now, that's nice," Kagami said. But soon he'll be spending the rest of his life with me!

Mariette tried to cover her ears enough not to hear what the girls were talking about. She was getting pissed off at how Kagami was talking about how their date went. She was even more pissed off because she knew Kagami was saying it loud enough for her to hear.

As soon as Adrien and Nino entered, Kagami quickly took her seat, as if she didn't want to get caught of something she did.

Marinette pushed the thought aside and sighed. She looked over at Adrien, who seemed to have no idea that Kagami was talking about them.

Ever since I started ignoring him, he's been ignoring me as well. He hardly looks at me, or say hi like he usually does. I'm kinda starting to miss it.

Adrien took his seat, and he too sighed. I gave her a letter and told her to reply back to me and drop it off at the Eiffel tower, but I didn't receive any letters back. She really does hate me, but she hates Adrien, not Cat Noir.

Right?

"Adrien, how are you doing?" Kagami walked up to him. "What's on your mind? How come you were so late?"

"I just had something important to do," Adrien answered. He didn't look at her, he just looked at his desk.

Nino saw this and turned to Kagami. "Adrien is feeling down, and he doesn't want to talk to anyone. Can you leave him be?"

"Oh, okay," Kagami looked at him, feeling upset that Adrien didn't want to talk to her. "I'll talk to him later."

No one wants to talk to you! Marinette couldn't help but think.

Ugh! She's doing this on purpose! I have to do something!