Chapter Eight

"So your plan is to cause a giant explosion in the void of space above the north magnetic pole."

"Yeah." The Bat said nonchalantly.

Green Lantern scratched the back of his head as they both stood suspended in space, Earth looming below. "And how again is that going to get us into the Phantom Zone?"

Bruce groaned from the bubble construct he had her in. "I don't freaking know. How does anybody get into the Phantom Zone without the projector?"

"Well...I guess it's usually some big explosion or release of power that does it." Hal said, looking sort of stumped.

"Right. But if that's all it is then why the heck don't people get put in there every time there's a big explosion? There's got to be something more to it." Bruce said with a scowl. "I'm taking a guess that maybe it has something to do with space and possibly the magnetosphere of earth."

"I guess it's worth a shot..."

"The only other idea I had was taking your power battery and blowing it up."

"What?!" He glared at her. "No way! That's my power battery!"

Bruce shrugged. "Okay then, this is it." She said as she handed him the bomb that had been sitting next to her feet.

Hal looked at the wrapped up homemade item and sighed. "Sure hope this works. Here we go." He encased it in a construct and floated it out into space about 20 yards away.

"Right, and just keep your construct on it." Bruce said. "We want this to be really focused."

"I'm going to trigger it."

"Do it."

The green bubble construct around the bomb sunk in on one side and flicked the trigger of the bomb before returning to its spherical shape. A second later the bomb went off, erupting and flaming against the construct from Hal's ring. Hal scowled as he tried to maintain control over it, the construct swelling in size from the pressure. Suddenly the explosion collapsed and disappeared, as if someone had poked a straw in the middle of the sphere and sucked it up.

Green Lantern shot a worried glance to The Bat. "Was that supposed to happen? Did I just create a black hole or something?"

"Um..." Bruce said, her mind racing. "I don't think that could happen. Take away your construct."

Hal's brow was creased with worry. "If you say so." His bubble pulled back and away, flowing back to his ring. In the space it had occupied was a dark hole. "That looks like a black hole." He stated.

"It's not a black hole." Bruce scowled. "If it was we'd be sucked into it already."

Hal created a hand construct and slowly sent it forward until it reached the dark space. It poked at the hole and then went through it before coming back. "Okay, seriously weird."

"Only one way to know for sure." The Bat said, giving Green Lantern a sideways glance.

"Alright." He said nodding. "Here we go. Superman...hope you're on the other side of this thing..." Hal flew towards the hole, pulling The Bat along with him in his construct. They entered the blackness and disappeared.