Part 4 | Why did you leave

Richies pov

I stepped out of the car to face him. His angry expression turned soft when he seen me, which made me angry. He jogged over to me engulfing me in a bone crushing hug that I did not return.

"Why did you leave?" Is all I said. I stared him directly in the eyes showing no hint of expression.

He seemed lost for words as I kept my stance and angered expression.

"It was for the best.. I-" he sighed.

"Can I get a hug?" He asked causing my anger to boil to the top.

He leaves for years come back without an explanation and expects a hug?

"Can I get a dad?" I replied sassily walking back to the van to check on the others.

(If you got that reference I love you)

I opened the passenger side to the van to see my mom with an ice pack on her head.

"Are you okay?" I asked slightly lifting the ice pack to see how bad it was.

It was that cliche cut on the temple of her forehead with almost dry blood streaking down her face. I helped her out of the car and engulfed her in a hug.

"I'm sorry" I said quietly so Stan wouldn't hear me.

No one really saw me as the type to apologize especially to my mother.

"Sorry for what Richie! This wasn't your fault! It was mine and Stanley's fathers.. we should've stopped."

"Yeah but I'm the one that wanted to go.." I argued softly.

"Because you want to save you're sister! That's no reason to apologize, now let's go! She's still out there!" My mom replied placing the ice packet down on the seat.

She hopped out and began walking, completely ignoring my father who stood there, a hurt expression on his face.
Now that I think about it, what is he doing in Derry? Oh well. It doesn't matter, what does matter is saving my friends!

By now we were only two blocks away from neibolt, so we decided to continue the journey on foot. I walked side by side with my mom and Stan. I looked back to see my father getting back in his car and driving away. I sighed angrily and faced forwards, picking up my pace.

Hang in there guys, we're coming

Sorry for the short chapter even after not updating for 27 years. I'm working on a new part right now and it will come out this week for sure this time. I have school so I'll try and work on it in the evenings when I'm free, thank you guys for the support on this book and my previous book! Have a goodnight/morning 🌸