Part 5 | The Well (2)

Richie's POV

I slowly pushed open the creaky door of the well house. It felt strange in so many ways. I crept across the old floor boards to the well my mom had directed me to. I looked down into it to see an opening that we were probably supposed to go.
I grabbed a rock on the edge and dropped it in. no splash, or anything. If I fell there was no getting back up.
My mom picked a rope up from off the ground and dust blew everywhere
Stanley started coughing and muttering something about the diseases we could get. My mom tied the rope tightly around a sturdy rock that was dug into the ground (idk guys lol). "I'll go down first" Mr.Uris offered. We just nodded. He sat on the side of the well and swung his legs over the wall. I heard him gulp silently as he gripped the rope tightly slowly luring himself down. I watched over the edge nervously. When he made it to a hole on the side he peeked his head out and gave us a thumbs up. I turned around and nodded at Stanley who was shaking. I knew well he was scared. I was too, but we had to do this, to end it, to save my friends, to save my sister.
Stanley slowly climbed down, then me, then my mom..
I looked up the well to see my slowly sliding down the rope. By the time she got to our level I reached my hand out to help her. She was halfway in when the rope fell down the well. Mt mom let out a small scream as she quickly scrambled her way in. I gave her a quick hug of reassurance before we continued on our way.
No one said a word on our way through the dark tunnels. Stanley's father held a flashlight and was leading the way. We made it to a wider tunnel with dirty water.. grey water..

"Arent you guys coming in?" I spoke, looking between the three neat freaks standing just outside the sewage. "Nuh uh, its grey water!" Eddie exclaimed scrunching up his nose while shaking his head. "What the hell is grey water?" I asked confused and annoyed.
"Its basically.. piss and shit so I'm just telling you!" Eddie went on, but I wasn't really listening I poke the bottom of the stick I was holding in the water and lift it up to my nose. "You guys are splashing around in millions and gallons of Derry pee.." Eddie went on. "Wait, w-what are you doing?" He asked as a sniffed the stick. "Doesnt smell like caca to me senor!" I spoke in a raspy voice. "A-ok, I can smell that from here!" Eddie stated. "Its probably just your breath wafting back into your face!" I snarled laughing. "Richie!" Y/n growled. I just laughed and smiled at her smugly. She playfully rolled her eyes in return.

"Richie are you okay?" I heard a voice echo. As I refocused I realized all three of them were staring at me. I shrugged and sighed. I miss them.

"Let's just keep going.."

Hey guys! I'm back and I finally updated! I know it's short but I promise another chapter will be out shortly and I mean it this time! I apologize for not updating sooner, so for now enjoy this little filler ❣