9.

Winter days became more tolerable for Renjun and Solmi

Winter days became more tolerable for Renjun and Solmi. Whenever they were spending the day together, they felt warm. Renjun became more accepting about their arranged marriage, but he can never admit it to her in person. He was just afraid that she would take it as a joke. Plus, he didn't even know if she genuinely liked him because she joked around way too much.

Renjun and Solmi were sitting next to one another on the couch at her apartment as she drew pictures of the snow outside, and Renjun just sat there and watched. He admired this trait of hers, the fact that she was super talented with drawing. To add on, she had a secret talent in singing that Renjun only knew about.

She hummed one of NCT's songs while drawing, and Renjun appreciated that. Everything between them was comfortable, and they've never felt that with anyone else. They were comfortable enough to tease one another without taking it seriously, and had the comfort where they could just chatter about serious things non stop.

And that's what Renjun enjoyed the most about their relationship. The comfort.

But, what they both ignored was the fact that they were put into an arranged marriage with one another. They pushed that aside and never talked about it unless they were with their fathers.

Another thing they ignored was their feelings for one another. To other people, it was obvious that they liked each other. And it was more obvious that Renjun liked Solmi, but what was confusing is that Renjun didn't really know if Solmi liked him back or not. She never really verbally said anything to him which made him uneasy.

Christmas was coming up soon and they both prepared gifts for one another. They also agreed on spending time together during Christmas Eve. Just the two of them alone on a date.

It took Renjun some time to ask Solmi on a date, but when he asked she just laughed and replied with "of course." The fact that Solmi laughed made Renjun frustrated. He could never take the girl seriously when it came to one another. Renjun would get so annoyed that he would act all cold to her, but she would just laugh it off again. She would act like she likes him, but Solmi loves to tease the boy. And she would do anything to get a good reaction out of him.

However, Christmas Eve would be a perfect time for Renjun to find out if she had feelings for him back.