05

❝ make me go insane ❞ maty noyes

Gerard rushed out the door into the cool and crisp air. He took a few steps and took a deep breath. White steam was visible when he exhaled. He had a scarf around his neck and he wore a long coat around him from earlier. Looking around, Gerard shoved his hands into his jeans pockets with his thumbs sticking out. 

He started walking again, not caring where he would end up. After all, he just needed space. But all the paparazzi, he could never get all the space he wanted. At least he got some, right? 

Around him were short, pine trees on the sides of the pavement leading to the house's main gates.  For some reason, Gerard felt more at ease. Earlier when he left, his head and temples hurt every so slightly. But that was normal for him.  

Taking a few more steps, Gerard closed his eyes then came to a halt. He began to feel slightly sad and annoyed at the same time, there was just so much going on around him. Just as usual, like it has been for years and years (and to be completely honest, it was getting old), there was someone always texting him. Whether it was his agent, his coaches, teammates, everyone! I know what you are thinking - why doesn't he just turn off his phone. But the anxiety of missing an important business call or something always crept up on Gerard like a shadow. Of course, occasionally he would - just occasionally. But sometimes that would result in Gerard getting lectured. 

Gerard sighed and moved on. He finally walked past the gate only to find another pavement leading to corners on both ends of the pavement. Making a sharp turn, the cold breeze finally picked up a little more. Gerard's hair flew about a little while the cold air pressed against he skin. 

The coffee brown, dry leaves moved on the ground next to Gerard. He stepped over them which of course, caused a crushing sound. Suddenly, Gerard could hear someone crushing the leaves. He knew that no one was near him. Of course, there wasn't anyone nearby. He knew it. The houses were pretty far apart and when he came out of the gate, there was no one there. And plus, if someone did come out, he would have known. 

The footsteps behind him picked up. 

Okay, now Gerard definitely knew that he wasn't being paranoid. But why was he so afraid?

He could feel his heart rate pick up as he turned around. 

It was a woman, maybe about 5'4 or maybe 5'5 and slender like a model. She had a dark brown hair - maybe almost black. Her eyes twinkled with anger and revenge. 

"Pilar? That's your name, right? I'm Gerard Pique," Gerard stuck his hand out cautiously as Pilar roller her eyes and scoffed, "I'm sorry. Jesus. Um - Sergio and I weren't really close until recently."

Pilar balled her fists and her eyebrows furrowed. She sighed deeply and turned around. Burying her face in her hands, she groaned and turned around again. Pilar stomped her foot bitterly and shot a glare at Gerard. He was stunned by this, his eyes widened and took a step back. 

"You son of a bitch. Y - you," Pilar's voice cracked, "I - I loved him. Did you know that? Of course not. B - because yo - you're a cunt. A motherfucking cunt. That's what you are. Did you hear me?" Tears rolled down Pilar's cheeks, ruining her beautiful makeup.

Gerard scoffed and folded his arms. "Jesus Christ. What the hell did I do to you? Look, I'm sorry for whatever happened to you. But, but you're the one who's a bitch. If you really did love Sergio, why don't you just move on," Gerard shot.

Pilar's boots hit the ground noisily as she stepped towards Gerard. "You fucking bitch." She took a swing at Gerard's temple. Before Gerard had time to react, she kneed him in the groin and the punched him again but in the back of his head. Gerard yelled on the top of his lungs. He really wanted to punch Pilar. But he couldn't do that. 

Before he knew it, he began to feel as though the world was spinning. He swung to one side then to the other. Then he stumbled back to Shakira's house. After a few steps, he found himself tangled. Suddenly, he tripped and closed his eyes.