06

❝ now there's too many thoughts going through my brain ❞ post malone

"Hey, you're bleeding."

"Can you move."

"Ouch, that must hurt."

All these voices rang around Gerard. His eyes fluttered open for a second. Instantly, he shut them in pain. A bright, white light was shone above him. Groaning, Gerard tried to sit up. Pain suddenly traveled through his whole body like electricity. Murmurs filled the room. Gerard finally adjusted to the brightness. The whole team was there, Shakira and Maluma were there,  along with Sergio. 

"Jesus, what happened," Gerard suddenly paused and zoned out, "oh. It was Pilar, right?"

In the far corner covered by darkness, Sergio looked up and nodded miserably. "Gerard, I - I'm so fucking sorry, it -"

"Jesus Christ," Gerard chuckled, "it's not your fault. It's Pilar's."  In response, Sergio slowly shook his head, closed his head and sighed. His arms were crossed in front of his chest. 

Bang. 

The door slammed open. It hit the wall and then creaked. A woman, Gerard's mother rushed in with tears in her eyes. In her hands, there was a baby pink, silk handkerchief. She dabbed her eyes. She dashed to the bed and crouched next to Gerard. 

Gently brushing his hand, she looked into his eyes. "Why aren't you being careful my son? I was so worried about you," she whispered silently as she leaned onto the bed. A little louder this time, she spoke, "you're always getting hurt, when are you going to start being careful?"

Gerard smiled and chuckled, showing off his teeth. "Madre, stop fussing."

She rolled her eyes jokingly as she sniffled. Her nose was a dark shade of pink, it was almost a light red. In fact, her cheeks were a light shade of red and her eyes were swollen from crying. Standing up, she looked up to face the team. "Thank you, thank you for looking after my son. I - I," Gerard's mother broke off into tears as she walked towards Lionel and held his hands," thank you, thank you. My son has told me a lot about you." 

Lionel smiled

Sergio's phone was buzzing. It couldn't stop buzzing. Before he went to bed it would light up for five minutes. It would only stop when he would turn his phone off completely. He would groan in annoyance and swear. "Fucking Pilar, why did you fucking do that. Asshole," he would mutter under his breath, even in training. 

His teammates would shoot worried glances at him, some of the pitied him. The teammates would cover their mouths as they whispered to each other in huddles of two or three. As usual, anything like this always annoyed Sergio. All day long, he was mumbling to himself about Pilar, talking about how much of a bitch she was. Sergio would constantly ball his fists or push things onto the ground. It was as if a little boy had taken control of Sergio. 

But that day took a weird turn. I mean, things were already going horribly for Sergio. Then this happened, or more like Pilar happened. She pushed past the security guards who were shuffling behind her. Of course, as usual, she had her red lipstick on and her six-inch heels. In her arm was her black, shiny purse. As she walked onto the pitch with her hair jumping up she scanned the area like a hungry wolf. Once she stopped Sergio, she advanced towards him with a frown. Her eyes reflected revenge and just pure cruelty. 

Leaning back and crossing his arms, Sergio rolled his eyes and sighed. "Fucking hell, what does this bitch want now," he murmured under his breath. He didn't even bother to walk towards her, he merely just stood there. Then he felt a hand pat his shoulder aggressively making him stumble ever so slightly in shock. He groaned and rolled his eyes. "Pilar. Can you leave me along for the first time in your life? Goddammit, you piece of shit. Alright, you're not even a piece of shit. You're much, much worse than that, you got me? You cunt." Sergio scoffed and turned around again. 

"Do -  do you really," Pilar's voice cracked in the middle of the sentence as a tear rolled down her cheek, "mean it?" 

"You're such an attention whore, you know that right?"

"Why don't you love me?"

"Why did you fucking do that to Gerard? Why can't you just move on?"

"Why didn't you love me, Sergio?"

"No, the real question is, why didn't you love me? You know what you did. You fucking know."

Pilar rolled her eyes that were still filled with tears. "You know that's not true."

"Is it really? No matter what I've given you, you would never appreciate it."

"Bitch," Pilar spat and left. Soon, her high heels rang like church bells.

Sergio was left there with steam around his head.