The Dae Before Tomorrow

Arthit goes home after his work. It's Friday and he wants to surprise his boyfriend since Kong isn't expecting him to arrive until tomorrow.

He doesn't even bat an eyelash whenever he refers to Kongpob's dorm his 'home,' he thinks of his apartment as . . . well, his apartment - just a place where he stays and sleep, but he will always refer to wherever his boyfriend is as his home.

It's cheesy, he knows, but that's what he gets spending more than 3 years with a walking, talking, cheeseball.

Since its Friday, Arthit didn't really have that much work. He always makes sure he finishes all the important stuff from Monday to Thursday so that by Friday comes he can relax a little bit more.

Arthit is supposed to go back home tomorrow - as per their agreement, but since Dae started living together with his boyfriend he can't help but feel jittery whenever he thinks that junior of theirs gets to spend more time with Kong than him.

He asked for Aim, Kongpob's best friend, to report to him every day; asked him to watch over Kong and Dae. He received a couple of messages informing him that his boyfriend invited Dae over for lunch together with their friends, Arthit asking for a picture, and seeing Kongpob laughing together with Dae and his friends makes him feel a little bit jealous.

Arthit misses those times where he can see Kongpob whenever he wants on campus. Ever since he graduated from university he only gets to see his boyfriend over the weekends. He doesn't mind it, it's just he got used to Kongpob's presence for 3 years that he's having a Kongpob withdrawal.

Sometimes, he'd daydream about the day when his boyfriend gets to graduate; they'd find a bigger apartment to live with, with Kongpob working a couple of minutes away from his work, they'd get to spend time more together, and most importantly Arthit wants Kongpob to be the last person he sees when he goes to bed. He knows he'll never get to see Kong's face when he wakes up because that boyfriend of his still wakes up so early when Arthit's brain still refuses to function properly.

The commute to Kong's dorm is filled with excitement. Arthit wasn't like this before he met Kongpob; he didn't get this much excited by the prospect of seeing his friends after a long time, or whenever Namtarn would request his company. He only feels this when he gets to see his boyfriend after days of being apart.

He buys food from the cafeteria when he arrives. It's only 7pm but he hopes Kongpob hasn't had his dinner yet. Arthit buys his usual pink milk from Auntie and 2 iced coffees - one for his boyfriend and one for Dae. He's not that selfish, and Kong is surely to frown at him if he didn't buy Dae's dinner as well.

Arthit's not 25 yet but why does it feel like he's spending for a family of 3?

He reaches his boyfriend's dorm a couple of minutes after buying food. Arthit unlocks the door expecting Kongpob lounging on his bed or doing his assignments but there's no Kongpob inside. Dae stares at him wide eyed a portion of dried squid hanging off of his mouth. His junior looks caught off guard just as he does, so Dae chews hastily, swallowing his food before greeting him with a nervous smile.

"You're back, P'."

"This is my -," Arthit halts. He briefly forgets this isn't his dorm, but whatever. "Where's Kongpob?"

"P'Kongpob is not back yet -

"I can see that,"

"He told me he has some things to do at the library," Dae ignores his comment. This kid seems to adapt to his attitude fairly quickly. "But that was an hour ago. Should I let him know you're here?"

Arthit walks over to the bed to put his bag, he places their food and drinks over at the table. He frowns thinking that his boyfriend and this kid is already at that stage where it's comfortable to text each other.