Chapter 1

As I woke up one morning in May, my heart skipped a beat happily when I realized that today was my fourteenth birthday, and I wanted everything to go coordinating to plan. When dashed downstairs, only clad with grey sweats and a blue PJ shirt, I saw that everyone was already downstairs in the dining room with a pile of present waiting for me. My parents grinned.

"Happy birthday, A.J!" They exclaimed.

I laughed as my sixteen-going-on-seventeen brother, Oliver, handed me a box with a pink bow on top. Even though I hated anything pink (except chocolate cake with pink frosting), I was real grateful. When I finished opening it, I gasped. A purple Apple Watch was on my wrist in second and I was grinning happily. I hugged Oliver and quickly continued to open the rest of the presents.

"Thanks so much!" I gushed.

"No prob." Oliver replied. 

I ripped open the next box.

-----------

That night, while I was lying in bed, I couldn't sleep. I wanted to show off my watch to everyone at school on Monday and I couldn't wait. So I just lay there setting my watch's time, using my alarm clock for guidance. The watch's time was now.... 1966? That couldn't be right. I shugged and concluded that it was just military time. Then the watch started changing colors rapidly, from green to blue to red. 

"What the hell...?" I whispered.

As soon as it started, it stopped. Glancing around, I slowly lied down and fell asleep.

——-

The next morning I woke up in the middle of a paved street.

Completely. Utterly. Alone....