Prologue

Have you ever met someone as clumsy as spongebob?

Someone as good looking like Mia Thermopolis in the princess diaries? (Yes I mean the part before the whole make over).

Someone as hazy like the ghosts from ghostbusters?

Someone with the intelligence like she is Da Vinci itself, yet doesn't know how to make use of it?

Someone who can make every conversation turn out awkward without even making part of it?

Well, If you haven't met that person yet..

Here she is. Verja Jones.
And yes, that girl you picture right now inside your head, with her long, poofy brown hair and blue eyes. Yes, that's me.

Don't get me wrong.

I was raised by an amazing woman, my mother. She basically did everything in her power to make me as normal as can be.

Well..Depends on what you call normal.

My mom got pregnant as a teenager. My father basically left her once he figured out about me.

Now, that's not even the problem. I didn't need a father.

I had my mother, and my grandmother, a true Catholic.

My mom was attending college while my grandmother took care of me. And yes, she could be really strict.

At the age of seven, she taught me the difference between boys and girls.  

"Girls wear dresses, boys wear jeans". I can still hear her voice repeating that to me every single day.

I honestly didn't get it. There were so many girls out there wearing great  jeans in all kind of colours.

Not that I dared to discuss this with my grandmother.. I mean, do you know any kid out there not trying to please their grandparents??

In anyway, that wasn't something I would do.

I remember when I turned nine I figured out not everyone went to church on sundays. Even worse, I remember how much I freaked out when my best friend told me he didn't believe in god.

Believe me, it was quite a shock for me.

That same night I had been talking with my mother about the church for hours. She told me it was a religion, so people could decide whether they believe or not. She also told me there were more religions out there.

Truelly, my mind was blown up.

As long as I could remember my grandmother was always threatening me in god's name. "If you make the wrong decision, god will punish you".

She would even tell me my biologic father would be punished by god one day for leaving my mother alone.

Now I knew some of my friends out there didn't believe in god..Then how would god ever forgive them for not believing in him?

I litterally thought all my friends would go to hell for this.

At the age of eleven I got my first crush. He was litterally the most handsome guy of our school, and all the girls were basically crushing all over him.

I would dream about him all night, and imagine scenarios we would end up in even though I never really talked to him.

We once did because our teacher had set us up in this small group. But he litterally annoyed the crap out of me by judging me on the dresses I was wearing.

Besides, it didn't even last a couple of months before he left town for some kind of reason I can't even remember.

So yeah, I've got over him.