4

"Have a nice day ma'am"

As I closed the door behind my back I really couldn't wait to return back to my room and take a refreshing shower.

I wasn't used yet to the temprature difference here. Ofcource we have great summer weeks in England, I'm just not used to working in tempratures like these 24/7.

My phone was buzzing in the pocket of my jeans.

Thomas.

I answered. "Hey , you're done yet?"

''Uhm no, there is actually someone that really..'' He sighed loudly as he took some time to complete his sentence. ''Brent wants you to bring his order.'' 

My heart droned against my ribs, a very dismal feeling grew upon my back.

''You're serious?'' I whispered in suprise. 

First of all I didn't even want to whisper, my tongue and mouth just couldn't figure out how to get along.

''I know it sounds insane to you, but he's kind of manipulative''. he mumbled underneath his breath.

I knew he was right about that, yet I couldn't mind asking.''So you're telling me that I'm suposed to bring him the exact same breakfast as you just did?''

There was a moment of silence, but it didn't take long before he replied. ''Eh yeah, but he also wants some coffee. Appearently we forgot''

Blast it!

How could this human even be real! We're not living in the past century where we could misuse people of a lower rank!

''Anything else in specific?'' I sighed wrackly in dissapointment.

At least you tried Vera.

''Not that I know , and I'm sorry Vera. I really tried but he kept asking about you and basically manipulated me to do this''. 

Only by hearing the guilt in his voice I knew I couldn't stay dissapointed. At least, I could not show him in any kind of way. He tried to do it but failed. The fact that I'm suprised is the strangest part of all. I could have known this.

''It's okay Thomas, thanks for trying in anyway. I will speak to you soon''. I answered politely.

''Sure it's okay?''

''Yeah'' 

''Alright then. Goodluck Vera''

''Thanks Thomas''

I pressed upon the red button and shove my phone back into the left pocket of my jeans. 

It's only one room, why make such a big deal of it? Maybe we just started things bad? 

Besides, I have a great job here. I love Mexico even though I haven't seen the city yet. I'm mentally okay and I don't have a rare illness beside the fact that i'm asthmatic. I look fine in my honest opinion and I make friends quite easy.

All I have to do is bring this one costumer his breakfast.

Jeez Vera, get over yourself.

As I had taken care of the food and the wanted coffee , I took the time to walk my way to his room. Rush was of my thinking as I had finally cleared my head for the first time in forever.

You can do this. You're a great person, people like you for being you. So just be yourself Vera.

But Brent.

What did he think about me?

Would this be the day he would fire me after my behaviour towards him? Would he have set this all up so I would have been anxious all week for him? What if his father is inside there with him? Would he have told him about our first meeting or the fact that I tried to deny that I actually have met him before?