7

''So, randomly enough I was roaming around at the park last night. let's just say that I was in need for some fresh air.'' He began explaining his story. ''And uh, during that walk I heard abnormal screams in the distance. So yeah, that shit kind of made me curious to figure out what was going on.'' 

''Was I the one screaming?'' I asked anxiously as I truelly had no clue what he was talking about.

''I don't know, maybe I-''

''Oh my gosh'' My muscles tensed by that thought.

''Vera, I eh..Can I??''

''Oh eh, yes.  Go on please'' I gave him a small nodd.

''So the thing is. I dont really know exactly what happened. I can tell you that you weren't alone. There were two men with y-"

"Did you recognize them?" I cut him off. Theo and thomas could have been with me right?

"No not at all, and th-"

"Not at all? Like, they are not one of your fathers staff?" I interrupted him once again.

"No Vera, jezus christ. No they were not. Let me just tell the fucking story".

Oh.

Clearly his bad additude wasn't something I made up. But I had to keep my mouth shut because as far as I knew, he was the one who knew the story better then I did.

"Sorry" I mumbled.

He nodded as another sigh escaped his mouth. "Where was I? Oh..Wait. so there were these two guys roaming around you. Basically when I arrived I didn't realise it was you at first. I mean, you were somehow dancing in circles in a very unhealthy way. You were kind of sticking on them as if you could have fall over any second".

"Did you figure out who they were?" I asked. Somehow I didn't believe what Brent was telling me. At the other side, he semt so sure about what he was telling me. It scared me.

"No, beside that I thought you would be screaming for attention. Since drunk people do that kind of stuff more often".

Yeah, that made me kind of angry. But somehow I did understand. Yet, I can't figure out how I ended up in that state.

"What else?" I asked. Wanting to know more.

"So. I passed you guys, and no. I did not know it was you. Otherwise it might went different. But as I walked futher I heard you laugh so hard once again. When I turned around I saw you laying on the ground, while they were bending over you. That was basically the moment I decided to walk back and ask if I could offer you any help because something didn't feel so right. I mean, after all. It is Mexico city. You could have been drugged so I had to make sure the lady was fine you know?".

The lady was fine? Me? Fine? Is this actually true? If it would, how the hell did I even get drugged in the first place?

"Anyway, once I got back at you I noticed they were trying to solve some pills in water. Probably trying to inject it into you. Also, I dare to bet on the fact those pills were already used on you in some way. Maybe they had put it in your drink, maybe in something else. Or they already injected it into you. I really do not know Vera. But as far as I can tell, this is what I've seen".

Somehow the shock wasn't there yet. It wasn't running trough me yet as it sounded so unreal to me. I went to a party, had two or three beers. Got kissed by thomas and walked home. That's all I can remember. So..

"Why didn't you take me to the hospital?" I asked , that would really have made more sense actually.

"I don't know. I was kind of shocked I guess to see you in such state. So the first thing I did was taking you back to the hotel with me." He sounded so insecure to me.

Still, not believing anything of it.

"And why did you take me to your room instead of getting me to my room?" I frowned at him in disbelief.

"I tried" he spoke back. "I seriously asked you several times were you room was. Once we finally got there , you didn't had your keys and your room mate clearly wasn't there to open the door either".

That could have been true actually.

"Why didn't you hand me over to the reception? They could have helped me as well".

"Because"

Because? Now that makes sense.

"Eh. That isn't a clear answer Brent" I mocked.

"Well..Just..You know"

I know? I know? Oh wait god no.
Oh hell no.

"Did you take advantage of me?" I yelled at him.

Oh my god. What if he was the one drugging me?

"No ofcource not you idiot" He yelled back at me. "How fucking stupid do you think I am?"

"WELL BRENT. I don't know? As far as I know you're freaking hideous. Y-"

"Oh now I'm hideous? Firt I'm a jerk and now I'm hideous?! You're seriously out of your mind Vera." He interrupted me ."I seriously took you to my room because they fire people for actions like these. The hotel doesn't want to deal with problems like these. Imagine, their staff getting drugged and behaving this way while they have guests. How would you feel as a guest?!"

Oh.

That was the moment it kicked in.

He was telling the truth.

And at this current moment, I just didn't know what to say nor to think.

"Vera? You okay?"

It took me some minutes to be able to talk again. By that time he sat closer to me on the bed.

"You don't want me to be fired?" I asked softly, staring to the ground as I was scared to even look at him.

Why did I had to get so mad?

"Well uh. " I could see him scratch his arm. "I guess not".

That was the only thing that made me laugh a little in this situation. "Okay" I answered.

"I'm sorry for shouting at you" I said after a moment of silence.

"It's okay."

"So eh..I guess I should go to the police now?"

"If you want to" He said. "But I guess it won't do much since they haven't raped you or anything like that. Well, at least as far as I know. But that's up to you".

I inhaled deep.

He was right.

"In that case I guess I should head to my room". I mumbled as I tried to stand up. The second time I succeed. My knees felt so weak.

Yeah, this is the truth.

"Vera"

"Yeah?" I turned my head back at him.

"Your phone"

He handed my phone over to me.

"Thanks" I gave him a small polite smile as I left his room.

I'm not feeling good.
As in, really not feeling good at all