Chapter 1

5 more seconds... 4 more seconds... 3 more seconds ... 2 more seconds... 1 more second... "You can leave the table now Hattie, go get some homework done while you have the time" my mum says casually as if I don't spend every last waking hour doing some type of school work. I stand up from the table and clean my plate, scraping every last bit of my dinner into the bin and sprinting up the spiral stairs of my house, running away from the nightmare that is my family. Locking the door I search my room for a change of clothes, something suitable for exercise... there they are my black leggings, black sports bra and grey cover-up, can't show too much on my evening run. I grab my trainers and a water bottle and slip out of my bedroom window.

As I pound down the pavement I think of the things I ate today; an apple for breakfast to avoid suspicions and a couple of bites of chicken for my dinner. I'm proud of myself; that is barely any calories. Maybe I should congratulate myself by only doing a mile tonight instead of... I crash into what feels like a brick wall in front of me and fall down from the sheer impact. As I look up from my new position on the ground I realise that what I crashed into wasn't a wall it was a boy... If he can even be described as that. No, boy seems too immature for him but man seems too old; he has deep emerald eyes that make him appear youthful but the rest of his body is toned and muscular increasing the age of his appearance...
"Hello... excuse me? Are you even listening?"
"No, sorry I was too focused on..."
"My fit body, I know. How about you stop staring for five seconds and listen to what I have to say?"
Well that's rude
"I was about to ask whether you were ok but judging by the staring I take it you are. Next time watch where your going." And with that he ran off. I attempt to stand up but as soon as I get half way up my leg collapses and I fall straight back down. I can't believe this, now I can't even finish my run. Pushing through the pain I stand up and walk home, bracing myself for school tomorrow.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Hattie's workout oufit:

A/N:

So I don't really know what to write here but this is the first chapter of my book. Fair warning the main theme of this book is eating disorders so if any of this will affect you in any way I recommend you stop reading now.
I will probably be putting a picture of Hattie's outfits at the end of each chapter as fashion is also a theme throughout the story.

I hope you enjoy xx