Chapter 25

Mrs Parker was picking me up to take me and Lola to the shopping centre in 5 minutes and I wasn't ready. Usually I would plan what I wear the night before going out but it must've slipped my mind amongst all the chaos going on in my house. Now I was standing in front of my wardrobe searching for something that I could easily change out of if I needed to try something on but was met with skirts, tights and shirts. Nothing suitable for a shopping trip like this one. Finally I found some plain black leggings and a baggy pink Adidas jumper. I'm sure they were there for me to workout in but I only had 2 minutes to get changed so threw them on with a pair of white trainers. The jumper hid most of my fat so it didn't look too bad, although the leggings are tighter than I would've liked.

 The jumper hid most of my fat so it didn't look too bad, although the leggings are tighter than I would've liked

I hear the ring of my doorbell and rush downstairs to meet Lola, not wanting her to be late. However, as I begin to race down the stairs, I begin to feel light headed and my vision begins to blur. I safely make it to the bottom step and hold onto the railings for support so I don't collapse.

After a few seconds of standing there I hear Hannah opening the front door and greeting Lola politely. Not wanting her to see me like this, I shake it off and get to the front door before Hannah can invite herself on our outing. As I see Lola. I can tell she took the same approach to her outfit as I did mine, being practical, because she's wearing a black shirt underneath a black jumper, both of which are long enough to pass as a dress, not that I would wear either as one, paired with fishnets, thigh high socks and Doc Martens. She looks amazing, as per usual, but now I feel underdressed.

"Hey, you ready to go?" Lola asks, smiling widely like she always does

"Yep." I reply quietly as I shut the front door in Hannah's face.

"Great! You're in the back with Cole if that's ok. Mum's dropping him off at football practice after she takes us." She grins as she slips into the front seat of her car before I can object. Great... a 45 minute car journey with Cole.

*****

The car journey wasn't actually too bad. Cole kept quiet for the most part, other than occasionally joining in his mum's and Lola's conversation. I barely spoke, not finding an opportunity to participate.