He looked at me (38)

Character analysis: Ahmed Wahab is the kind of guy who has a big heart and cares about other people's well being but his own. When he really likes something, he tries his hardest to keep it and not to loose it. He's also a very secretive and possessive guy. He's very opinionated and always wants to solve mysteries.
_____________________________________

The mosque helped a whole lot.

We met with the same Imaam, taking us in his office. I asked him to teach me how to read Koran today and he said I had to learn the basics first, the Arabic words and everything. He said I should probably come for classes but I knew that the classes would be involved with other students and I'd rather halt on the embarrassment.

Ahmed looked really curious the whole time. Everything that the Imaam was teaching me, he knew already. He just wanted to get the hell out of here so we can finally talk.

Right now we were walking side by side. He told me that he wanted to show me something near the mosque, that it will help take my mind off of what happened today in the principle's office. I decided that maybe I really did need something else to get my mind off of my dad's personal dating life and finally focus on my own.

"It's okay if you don't want to tell me. I get it," was the first thing he told me when we were walking on the sidewalk at night, "I understand it's personal. I just wanted you to know I get it."

Ahmed was sweet. One thing I knew he always did was apologize when he thought he was going too far with something. I wanted to tell him everything, all the things that the stupid principle told me but then I knew that talking about it would ruin my mood completely.

I only looked at him in the darkness. I noticed the dark brown freckles around his cheekbones and his nose were still visible in the dark and I also noticed how the curve on his nose wrinkled from how uncomfortable he must ave felt from me staring.

I looked down blushing, "You'll always be the first person I'll tell." I reassure him.

I noticed Ahmed was limping a little bit. I figured he was fine but it would be better I asked anyways, "Your leg okay?

He wasn't expecting m question I can tell. But he quickly covered it up, "My leg? Oh yeah, yeah my leg's fine it's alright don't even worry about it."

It didn't sound very convincing but then I didn't exactly want to know more. He insisted he was fine and I should probably leave him until I found something out maybe.

I honestly didn't know where we were walking. He wanted us to follow this path behind the masjid so he can 'supposedly' show me something behind It. We've been walking for a while. I'm starting to feel curious.

It was cold outside, and it was now that I noticed that Ahmed was wearing my sweater. I know that now is not the best time but he looks extra fucking hot in my sweater. I don't know, something about black oversized zip ups make Ahmed looks extra better than he usually does.

What I realized about this moment is that me and Ahmed are almost always on the run for something, always looking for answers in something or helping each other out. Right now, is probably one of the only moments in our lives that show our friendly, chill and cool side all at the same time. It made my feelings for him grow so much more.

I realized that ever since the masjid, Ahmed hasn't made direct contact at me and I'm starting to worry. I don't know but it's a mixture of worry and excitement. Like I said, I don't know.

Worried because maybe he doesn't want to look at me. And excited because he's being religious again. I kind of missed those days.