He looked at me (42)

It was Saturday.

I've been getting calls all morning by everyone, Ahmed, My dad and just a bunch of people I didn't know. How they got my number, I can never guess. It's crazy, that today is she going to determine weather or not my case is legit and if Brandon is going to spend his time in prison.

I didn't answer many of these calls because I simply just didn't know what to say. I had a lot of supportive and reassuring messages from Ahmed telling me how he's going to be there the whole time, watching, hoping and wishing I don't fuck up.

I had a lawyer hired last week, and she's been super nice to me lately. All she old me to do is tell the story sos he can defend me the best way possible. I heard Brandon has the best lawyer in town to defend him. But if I really think of it, there's no way that Brandon can win this case. Like no way. He's guilty in every single way.

I had my vagina examined by some doctor who knows when people get raped or whatever. Yeah, he said it's true. That I was raped and that my body kind of just gives that vibe. How he knows that, I don't know. But he sees the signs and that is going to help me a whole lot in court today.

Also, I signed Avery up for a witness. I'm probably making the biggest mistake in my life but honestly, no one else is willing to be a witness the way she does.

I decided that no matter how special this day is to me, I'm just going to dress casually. The same shit I wear on the daily. I decided to settle on some kind of beanie on my head and a regular tee shirt with some sneakers. What was I supposed to wear, a skirt? Please.

I left Fatima's house early today, and they all noticed as well. They fed me some breakfast before wishing me the best of luck and saying they were going to watch the court on tv.

I mean, they call that supportive so whatever.

I walked in the court building and holy shit the cameras.

If I thought the cameras were crazy at Harper High, I take it back. Paparazzi are so much worse. There were people from every corner, flashing cameras at me and asking me to look at them.

I was frozen because what the fuck. I'm just trying to walk into court but I have a bunch of adults looking for a real fight in front of my face.

Like gosh.

"Emerald look over here honey!"

"Emerald over here!"

"Did you really get raped in a school?"

"How do you feel?"

"Are you confident you're going to win this case?"

"Brandon Blake has Terence Bouquet defending him. If you hadn't known, he's one of the best lawyers in town!"

"What do you think is going to happen in there?"

"Emerald look here!"

I punched this lady's camera. She was showing that camera so up my chin that I had to push it away. When I got a good look at her face, it was the same lady that interviewed my dad.

Ugh.

"I'll fuck you up." I said to her, pointing my middle finger at all their cameras, "I didn't ask for this bullshit. Move, I'm just trying to go to court."

After confronting that same lady, I made my way to the court room. I noticed everyone was silent since then and that really just proved a point. Sometimes you got to be aggressive with people for them to finally listen to you.