Loyality

Hunter's point of view: 

I hissed at Lo'ak as we all sat around on our circle platform. Lo'ak smiled sympathetically towards me, saying, "I'm sorry it's meant to help you heal." I rolled my eyes as he was wrapping my bleeding arm again. The paste he was putting on my cut before he wrapped it burned like hell, and I wanted to snap at him like the first time I met him, but I didn't.

Kiri wasn't paying attention as she was looking around the area. I saw strange blue figures walking up the spiral and asked Kiri, "Is that Norm and the others?" Kiri looked at them as if confused before laughing and saying, "Yea, in their avatar forms. They tend to stick out with the more human dress." I gave her a confused look before she said, "They don't try to fit in like Dad does. They prefer their human way." I gave her a weird look which made Lo'ak laugh at me. I smacked him lightly with my other arm, which wasn't wrapped up. Kiri laughed at the hit and my confused expression, but she didn't explain further, leaving me to think. I watched the avatars walk away before something caught my attention.

Warriors were sitting and standing, ready at openings in the tree and looking up and down across the forest. Kiri also noticed and said to me quietly, "Everyone is cautious. Everyone lost so much during the first war. They don't want any unknown and possible hostile humans near us at all."

I understood after hearing plenty of the stories from the war. The stories told to the children that I heard were that Lo'ak's father united the clans as he rode his own Leonopteryx to battle before pushing the humans out of their plant by force.

I understood the people's worry and anger as they stood guard. Kiri, who was watching the warriors, turned to her brother and asked, "Do you think Dad will send out a group to confront the humans?"

     Lo'ak looked up quickly as he finished my wrappings and tied it. I took his hand in mine after his surprised expression from Kiri's comment. However, Lo'ak shook his head. He calmed his expression before saying to her, "I'm not completely sure, but I don't think so." Kiri looked like she would argue before Lo'ak continued saying, "The humans are violent and unwilling to speak with us. They shoot at us before they even know what they're shooting at."

Kiri nodded, understanding that part before continuing to say, "But Dad also trusts the humans about as far as he can throw them. He will have our people keep an eye, and if we need to, he will take them down." I nodded in agreement before I said. "He is right. A direct attack would be the loss of too many lives. Watching and finding the right moment is better."

Kiri nodded before I saw Ahurewa and Neteyam walk onto the platform. They smiled slightly as they said, "The Storm is starting to lighten up. We can go hunting without the rain by tomorrow." I smiled brightly as I had never heard better news which made Lo'ak laugh next to me. I gave him a look before he wrapped his arm around my waist. Ahurewa was uncharacteristically smiling as she sat down near us with Neteyam.

We were talking and relaxing as the sun went down. The last hunting parties were coming in when I heard it first. The yelling started, and the multiple amounts of languages bounced up the tree. Lo'ak turned quickly before he looked down the spiral. I stood and followed him. He looked at us before he said, "Something happened."

We climbed down onto the forest floor to see the clan gathered around people in the front, with Lo'ak's father and mother on the roots above everyone. I had my bow in my hands and quiver on my hip as we ran down.

We pushed our way threw before I saw Na'vi lying in front of everyone. There was blood around them as I got closer before the yelling increased. Lo'ak's grandmother tended to the hunters with others as they tried to heal as best they could. The yelling increased when a hunter spit blood on the floor as a doctor tended to him. I couldn't understand the fast yelling and looked at Lo'ak, who was looking up at his mother and father, who were murmuring.