Death

Hunter's point of view:
    I sat at the top of Hometree. The ikrans around me called out loud caws and flew around constantly. Their attitude meant they were on edge. For whatever reason, they sensed something was going to be bad. However, they couldn't explain why, just a sense they had. I didn't question it, I chose to instead be on guard. My bow didn't leave my side, and my eyes trained towards the forest. Lo'ak worried about me, but when Kiri would join my vigil, I could tell she felt that something was off.

Despite the looming ominous feeling, it was peaceful looking over my home rainforest. While I hadn't originally, I did view this as my home now. It was my world. I was connected to it like it was another limb. I discussed this feeling and the ominous one with Mo'at, and her expression wasn't one of dismissal. She informed me that my sense of fear could be the animal's uneasiness at a new presence in their jungle, but she also said it could be my connection to Eywa and her warning that the balance was tipped and it would be tipped back. This didn't reassure me at all, but I put myself to work to keep my mind off of it. 

    I helped to look threw the human packs. From the packs that were collected, we learned that the humans were planning on an assault on the bottom layer of Hometree before lacing explosives to the roots to take down the tree. I doubt it would have taken down the whole tree, but enough to make it unstable. Currently, the humans who could go into Navi bodies where creating explosive weapons that we can use with our larger form from the collected materials. This includes my new favorite, the pocket grenades. Large enough for our Na'vi bodies, the grenades became useful weapons. 

     Lo'ak was trying his best to use learn human weapons, but his aim was off with the recoil. Neteyam tried to help, but neither of them had great aim. But the news of the attack and the reintroduction of human weapons worried the clan. They seemed so tense and like they had no sense of any hope that we would win. It was depressing to be around the people to long. With both the natural balancing feeling off and the people's lack of hope, it had a bad effect on me. I rubbed my head at the slight headache before I stood and looked out. I saw my Leonopteryx flying close to the tree, and I smiled at the peaceful view.

I heard some quiet footsteps behind me and turned to see Ahurewa. She had become a trusted ally of mine, even if we started out on the wrong foot. Though I wouldn't call her my friend, as we still had some animosity, we grew closer. She tried to put her feelings about avatars to one side when around me, though it wasn't always easy for her. She sat down next to me, and I smiled softly before looking over her expression. She was more anxious than usual and maybe a tad glum. I nudged her with my bow before asking, "What's wrong?" She looked at me with a guarded expression, but I only raised an eyebrow. I wasn't going to prod, and she knew I wouldn't take her attitude, so she relaxed a little. 

   I saw her face change before she said, "What's wrong with you? You have been mopping around for a few days. You don't usually look this glum or alone. Where is your other half." I looked away, knowing what she meant now, and shook my head. I scoffed but ignored her change in topic and said, "I would assume he was either trying to help his brother or hiding with Spider and Kiri." Ahurewa mouth opened before she said in a matter of fact voice "Your jealous that he is spending so much time with the clan instead of you."

My ears pinned back at her insulting remark on my character before I said, "Absolutely not. He wants to prove himself, especially to his brother and father. Lo'ak helping is his way of showing he's ready to be a full warrior. It's especially important to him with the war on the horizon." Ahurewa nodded, and I leaned against a branch to overlook the jungle before my leonopteryx flew past, and it made me smile. Ahurewa spoke up again and questioned, "Then what's with your attitude? Your sadness is making the clan uncertain." I laughed at the comment, expecting it to be a poor joke, but the glare from Ahurewa showed she meant anything but.