Epilouge

"But you know, the thing about romance is.. people only get together right at the very end." -Sam, Love Actually (2003)

---------

Chloe's P.O.V

I give my full attention to Beca's mom as she shows me how to do her very own recipe of chicken quesadilla, Beca's favorite. I watch her layer half of each tortilla with the chicken and

vegetable mixture, sprinkle cheddar, bacon bits, and Monterey Jack all over, then fold the tortillas in half and place it on a baking sheet. I try to follow afterwards.

"It doesn't necessarily need to be chicken," she instructs me. "Beca will eat anything, trust me. She's just after the melted cheese anyway."

I chuckle at her remark. Of course, Beca will eat this quesadilla, and she better likes it because I even had to convince her mom to include this to the menu for tonight just so she could teach me the recipe.

"She's crazy over your quesadilla, Ronie," I tell her the truth.

I feel her fix an eye on me and smile. "And you're crazy over my daughter, aren't you?"

I think I start to blush as I look away from her gaze because she starts laughing at me. Yes, I'm head over heels in love with Beca Mitchell, and I'd admit that any day, but it just feels so different when you have her mother pointing that out to me.

"One look and she just took my breath away," I hear myself reply as I flash a shy smile along with more red pigment growing on my cheeks. I wonder if they resemble my hair color now.

"To be honest, I used to persuade myself to hate you," she speaks out the unfamiliar statement from out of the blue, and I suddenly frown.

"Both of my children were hurting because of you. In fact, they'd rather die than lose you. That's how important you are, Chloe."

Of course, I almost ruined that beautiful sibling relationship between Beca and Stan. It was a big drama that we all got caught up into, and for certain, we will always remember that part of history. But I'd love to keep those difficult times in the past now and just really want to look forward to today and a future with Beca.

"But I couldn't hate you," Ronie shoots a

reassuring smile at me, drowning every bit of indignity I have for myself in the process. "I look at you now and I see why Beca would call me randomly late at night from Atlanta just to say that she would never want to let you go."

I let out a sigh of relief before smiling back at her. Oh Beca and her hidden romantic side. "I wouldn't want to let her go either."

Our main topic suddenly enters the kitchen with a clearly annoyed look on her face. She leans on the kitchen island table, her small height becoming more evident, and impatiently taps her fingers on the surface as she looks up to her mother.

"Are you two already done with that?" she inquires.

"Almost," Ronie gives her a look then takes the tray of quesadilla away and puts it into the oven.

"There it goes!" the younger brunette excitedly smacks her hands into the kitchen island table before walking over to me. Then, she hastily grabs my hand and pulls me away out of the kitchen. "Now I'd love to spend some time with

my girlfriend."

Left with no other choice, her mom simply calls out, "Don't do anything I wouldn't do, okay?"

"Okay, mom," Beca replies absentmindedly and I have to chuckle at my girlfriend's childlike behavior as we make our way to the living room and finally settle down on the couch.