Fairy Tail

Requested by: @CatsCatsCatsAndCats

There are a lot of these fics, and I made a few of my own as well. Fairy Tail is honestly a great fandom for fan content and it's really easy to insert a character into the series. So, of of course there would be tons of fan fictions. And I'm rambling, let's just get on the the advice giving. ^^;

1) Magic
Let's get the most obvious out of the way. The magic in Fairy Tail is what makes it popular among fans. But sometimes the magic some characters have can get out of hand. This section will be the main thing I talk about in this chapter.
- Dragon Slayer Magic
        Dragon slayer magic is one of the strongest magic types. As well as being one of the most popular types. Now, there's nothing wrong with giving your character dragon slayer magic, I have two characters with that type of magic, a Storm Dragon Slayer and a Nature Dragon Slayer. One of the main things about this is making a dragon slayer that has a unique element— of course nothing can every be entirely original but you can be unique and stand out from all the others. And because this book is an advice book, I'm going to give a small list of elements anyone can use! (They may or may to be really detailed... so... enjoy and feel free to use any one you want! Some might be...interesting, but hey, they're pretty cool)

- Mirror Dragon Slayer— User would be granted the base ability to copy, or 'mirror' other types of magic, though not exactly, the spells would be half as strong and may sometimes backfire. As well as this, they gain the Mirror Dragon Roar, Wing Attack, Claw, and Mirror Dragon specific abilities like: Mirror's Double (Creates an exact duplicate of the user), and Shatter (Allows the user to 'shatter' their body into multiple pieces of glass-like elements and move around, mostly used as defense/ escaping) Some abilities may be found out later on. Their main power source would be glass/ mirrors.

- Sand Dragon Slayer: User would be granted the base ability to generate and manipulate sand to their will. As well as this they would be able to use the Sand Dragon Roar, Wing Attack, and Claw. They are also able to use Swallowing Sands (The ground below the opponent get stuck in a quicksand-like trap, and they sink until unable to escape) Desert Storm (Acts as a smokescreen as well as pelts the enemies with sand.) A few more spells might be found later on. Their main source of power is sand.

- Magma Dragon Slayer: User would be granted the ability to generate and manipulate magma at their will. They would also be able to use the Magma dragon Roar, Wing Attack, and claw, as well as be able to use Magma dragon specific spells such as Eruption (A stream of magma is summoned from the ground and sent straight towards the enemy) Meteor (Huge boulders of Magma filled rock are summoned from the sky and sent to rain down upon he enemy, causes... quite a bit of destruction in it's wake) A few more spells might be found later one. User's main source of power would be Magma, or a mature of rock and fire.

- Prism Dragon Slayer: User would have the base ability to manipulate light and Illusions (being able to turn invisible as well by bending the light around them). They would also be able to use the Prism Dragon Roar, Wing Attack, and Claw. Other abilities would be the Prism Dragon specific spells such as Rainbow Spectacle (User sends a stream of rainbow light towards the enemy, making them be still in awe before getting hit by the burning ray of light) Light Canon (User fired multiple orbs of light at en enemy, each one as heavy and strong as a canon ball lit on fire) more spells might be found out later on. User's main source of power is Light

- Crystal Dragon Slayer: User would have the base ability to manipulate and generate crystals of any type. They would also be able to use the Crystal Dragon Roar, Wing Attack, and Claw. Other abilities would be Crystal Dragon specific spells such as Crystal Body (User summons an outer layer of  reflective crystals around their body, able to reflect 5 strong spells— while reflecting the first two) Diamond Barrage (User sends a stream of Crystal towards the enemy, able to sound them greatly) more spells might be found out later on. User's main source of power would be crystals of any sort.

Most of the time, this is the main magic people go for, so feel free to use/ reference nay of the above Dragon Slayer magics. Not enough is known about God Slayer and Demon slayer magic for me to make a decent guide/ spell list.

2) Siblings (I'm not going to go into too much detail since I have a whole chapter on Siblings a few chapters ago)
I've seen this one around a lot. Normally they're siblings of the main group— Natsu, Lucy, Erza, or Gray and they have the same magic type. But that's just started to get overused. If you really want to make a sibling, Maybe instead make them have the opposite magic, like Ice if related to Natsu, Fire related to Gray, ect. For Lucy though maybe have the sibling have Spirit Take over, where they can inherit the abilities of any spirit they touch the key of? Kinda like Lucy's Star dresses but a bit stronger and more in tune with the spirits.

If I missed anything, please add on in the comments! I'd love to read your ideas!