Chapter 2: Let Down

My alarm goes off at 5:30. This is a very early time for me, so I'm not used to getting up right now. At all. I desperately want to drift back to sleep, but I can only do that if I want to lose a job I was just hired into. I finally force myself to get up and make some breakfast. I have only an hour and a half to get ready and meet up with the rest of Celtic Thunder. I finish up with my breakfast and take a shower. There's a nice suit waiting for me when I get out. I brush my teeth, gel my hair and get into this brand new suit. Now all I had to do was drive down to the building and begin my new career. It's about 7 miles away, but that's why I set my alarm early. In no way did I want to be late for my first day of work. I can't wait for this journey to begin!

{Keith's POV}

"Of course, it has to be TODAY that the little gowl joins us!" I complain. It's as if we desperately need a new singer right away. We don't need a sixth member. "I agree, Keith. I'm not all too excited either," Emmet, one of my partners in crime and member of Celtic Thunder, agrees with me. "Hush up, both of you!" Sharon yells at us. We just gawk at her. George, Ryan and Neil enter after that. "Well then, looks like im gonna-" "Like I'm scared of you." I tell Sharon. "Dude calm down! That's Sharon you're talking to." Ryan joins in. "Yeah, whatever!"

{Colm's POV}

Now I'm about 10 minutes away from the building. "I can't wait to start this new journey!" I say aloud to myself. It's just an amazing feeling being accepted into a Billboard winning group. I wonder about all the songs I am going to have to privilege to sing, and the amount of times I'll be able to spend with the boys. I just want to be there right now, shaking each individuals hand, saying how big of a fan I am. I hope I remember all their names. "Hmm, Keith... George... Ryan... Neil... and Emmet. Is that right? Yes! I got it!" I say aloud once again..

I continue my way down to the building. When I get there I jump right out of my car and head inside. Sharon greets me in the lobby. "Hello, Colm. You are right on time. Follow me and I'll lead you to where the lads are," she says kindly. "Alright!" I become overjoyed. I am finally going to meet the lads of Celtic Thunder. I don't mind if I'm a back up singer or not. I just can't wait to start my new career. We reach a room full of recording equipment and instruments such as guitars and a piano. But the first thing I notice is all the lads lined up.

"Okay, lads, this is Colm Keegan, the new background/backup singer of Celtic Thunder." Sharon begins, "Colm Keegan, the lads Neil Byrne, Ryan Kelly, Keith Harkin, Emmet Cahill, and George Donaldson. I will leave you to "bond" with one another." She leaves the room as I approach the lads.

I have huge grin on my face as I am so excited to meet the group. "Hello, laddies! Oh my God it is so amazing to finally meet every single one of you! You have no idea how much this job means to me. I am honored to be in Celtic Thunder." I lift my hand for a handshake. "Allow me to personally introduce myself to you, as a new member of this group. My name is Co-" "What? Do you think we're stupid or something? We already know your name," Neil interrupts me, "and put your hand down. You look like an idiotic scarecrow." My grin quickly fades to a confused frown. "Huh?" All the lads get in a 'v' shape around me, arms crossed, Neil and Ryan on one side, Emmet and George on the other, Keith in the middle.

Keith makes an introduction. "You may think that this is some oh so special amazing thing! Well guess what? This is our group. The world doesn't revolve around you, Column Kidders! Ha! That's your new nickname from now on, okay?" "I-I'm so confused-" Colm say.

"That's because you're stupid," Keith cut me off, "If you're gonna be in this group, you're gonna have to prove to us you're good. Do you think you're good?" I don't speak because I'm in such shock. "Ha, scaredy cat!" Emmet shouts. "Lets leave little Column Kidders to his loser self." Says Ryan. "Lets go," Agrees Neil. They all leave the room. Keith flicks me on the nose. "Loser!" I hear them laughing as they walk off. I stand there. Speechless. What can I do? Now that I have been let down by my so called "group-mates?" I can't do anything now. I'm just going to have to deal with the fear, bullying, and torment of what I thought would be a great group for me.