Chapter 6: Cora McCarthy

"Everyone, I would like to introduce a new member of Celtic Thunder," Sharon announced on a lovely May afternoon, "Cora McCarthy. She is a new violinist of our group's orchestra. Make her feel at home and please, treat her fair." Wow, Cora is beautiful! She's the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. She has wavy red hair, some freckles on her cheeks, and bright green eyes. She's dolled up with makeup, and is wearing a green, sparkly blouse and black skirt. Her heels are tall and a shiny black.

"Hello." Her beautiful Derry brogue makes me smile. Everyone starts to walk away. They were writing songs and practicing notes and dances when she was introduced. Emmet and I stayed where we were. He gives me a nudge. "Why don't you go talk to her," he whispers with a wink. "God, Emmet. I don't have feelings for her." "Sure." He walks away with a smirk. I'm pretty sure he's going to watch me from another room.

Cora sits down on a couch in the lounge. Nervously, I approach her and introduce myself. "H-hello, um, Cora. My name is... Colm Keegan. I am a background singer, so I'm not noticed very well. Might I say you are..." I'm beginning to sweat, "very pretty." I smile. I am so going to regret this!

Cora smiles too. "Well, hello Colm. And I shall say you are wicked cute." She giggles. That's it. I officially have a crush on this fine woman! I feel myself blush. "Mind if I sit here?" I ask her. "Sure, go right ahead." We talk for a while. The more Cora talks about herself, the more I want to be there.

She tells me all about her life. Cora was born in Derry and has 2 pug puppies and a tuxedo cat. She loves playing violin and learned playing at the young age of 4 years old! It's such an amazing thing to talk to Cora. After a little while of talking, Nicole Hudson comes into the room. "Sorry to bother you two, but Cora, you must come with me and I'll show you around the tour bus and introduce you to the orchestra." I speak up immediately. "Alright. Well, it was nice meeting you Cora. Can't wait to hear you play." Cora smiles. "And I can't wait to hear that voice of yours Colm." After she leaves I look over to see Emmet there. I jump at the sight.

"Geez, Emmet! You scared the living day lights out of me! You eejit!" I give Emmet a playful punch and he pretends that it hurt. "Oh! God! I need an ambulance! Ahh!" I lose it and got into a laughing fit. Emmet laughs as well. Then he speaks up again. "Well, well, well, and Mr. AND Mrs. Keegan." He winks.

{Emmet's POV}

Playing around with Colm is fun sometimes. "Emmet! We aren't dating! Or are we getting married. We're just acquaintances." I smirk. This gives me a mischievous plan in mind. "Ah, lad. I could make you more than acquaintances." I chuckle. "So, tell me, how do you really feel about her, huh?" Colm rolls his eyes, but he goes along with this.

"Well," he starts, "I do think she is pretty. Very pretty." I write some mental notes. "Mm-hm. Go on." "And her voice is angelic. I've never heard such a beautiful voice like hers before. She has a nice taste in clothing, I must say. That top was gorgeous, and it complimented her emerald-like eyes." Colm lets out a sigh and has a grin on his face. I can tell he's in his own world. While he returns to reality, I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Did I seriously just say all of that aloud??"

"Yep." I say, chuckling a little. "Let's continue. Try not to get lost in your thoughts again, because I get lonely here." I say with sarcasm.

{Keith's POV}

I walk into the room where Cora and Nicole are talking. Laura Durrant is in here too. Right when I get in Nicole and Laura walk away, leaving Cora in confusion. No problem. I approach with much confidence.

"Well, well, well, I didn't expect to see you in here, you lovely lady." I give her a wink and a smile. Cora giggles and blushes. I mentally smirk. She seems to like me. Maybe, just maybe, this girl could be mine. I just know I can make us a couple. She will be mine no matter what!