Chapter Ten

It has been 2 months since I started using the Voice of the Night. It wasn't as good as the Voice of Nature apparently – but don't let him hear it otherwise he will complain nonstop – because it can only be used at night and, for been level one, at new moon and full moon.

But he helped as he promised.

He first made us train together a lot inside the cave, our stealth, sneak, and other thing as well; Presence Sense. We could sense a presence around us even in the dark or in our blind spot, it was amazing, even more if combined with my stealth.

One thing though we learned with practice is that is far more difficult to evolve magic, and even more passing level 5. For the time been we kept hunting down slimes, more for the resistance increase than experience really, and goblins and small monsters as the cows from before.

My brother got better and better at long raged attacks, and I as well got better at concealing my presence and making surprise attacks.

That's when it came.

It camee!!!

My first evolution!!

No Hell Form yet though, sigh.

It appears that; as far as everything in this world apparently; the evolutions that appear as an option depend on your status, abilities and some hidden requirements.

They weren't amazing yet, but as the first ones it would be the difference between heaven and hell for my future; feel like I'm choosing my course in college now.

Here they are:

Metal Hell Hound: Your basic appearance is changed, the fur modifies into a metal armor. Increases defense and resistance, as well the physical strength.

Downside: Is more visible for it shines in the light, and is heavier and louder, making difficult to move without been notice. Swimming will be impossible.

Ok, definitely not this one, is the total opposite of what I'm looking for, and another beacon type hey.

Neeeext:

Poison Hell Hound: Your basic appearance is changed, your fur will become purple or green. The fire produced by your body will eliminate deadly poison, as well your bite, fur and meat. Gains Poison Resistance and Elemental Poison.

Downside: Unable to turn the poison off.

What?! Hell no! It was good until the downside, but totally ruined for me as I would end up poisoning my brother.

Beep, rejected.

Next.

Magical Hell Hound: Your basic appearance is changed, you will get smaller and weaker physically. However, your MP points will double, as well as your capacity to learn and evolve magic.

Downside: Weaker body and less SP and HP.

Hm... this is somehow good for my brother, though is worrisome that his already small body would get even thinner, hm. Something to think about later.

Next ~ ~

These two ones are the ones that I don't know which one to choose from:

Platinum Hell Hound: Your basic appearance will mostly stay the same, however your basic status will double, and unique evolves will be available in your next evolution.

Downside: Your monster crystal will appear outside your body, exposing your weakness.

Lighting Hell Hound: Your basic appearance is changed, you will grow horns and your fur will became sharp to the touch. Will add Lightning as an Element and Electric Resistance, and will increase one of your status.