Chapter Twenty

We took the castle to ourselves, a great improvement, I may add, from the gloomy caves we lived in so far, and cleaned up the place from any undead and smelly creatures.

It didn't took long either to discover who Faust, the skull, was as we found the necromancer old diary; he was the necromancer lover from back when he was still alive, but it seemed they weren't receive well by their prestigious families as they weren't satisfied in been mere lovers; as many other families had it seems; and tried to flee together.

But their families were livid for the dishonoring act and chase them down, which ended up with his lover dying on his arms, never having the chance to live together as they wished.

The necromancer, however, had already studied the basics of Soul Manipulation and some necromancer skills, and manage to take a branch off a fallen tree and trap his lover's soul in it before it went away.

He had his revenge then, but he still felt guilty off for what happened.

Since then he has been trying to revive him.

Hum, couldn't blame him. Losing a love one is not easy, and I don't even know what I would do if I ever lose my brother, probably would lose myself seeking revenge...

But enough of that, I had plenty of compassion for him to buried him with the skull, even though he didn't deserved it; but my brother kept pestering me on how we needed to be different from them, to show compassion when they don't, otherwise we could not complain of their treatment if we gave out the same, and blablabla.

Honestly, I thought to be a naïve line of thought, but did it anyway only to shut him up.

We explored the castle too, finding the remaining books that survived the fight, and a lot of crystals hidden behind a locked room.

My brother didn't understand anything written on then, and neither did I at the beginning, but I learned how to read easily, turning the pages with my Shadow Manipulation, while my brother burned two books trying to read a line.

Sigh.

I studied geography, politics, music; Why not?; and some scattered information here and there, never having the continuation of the volumes, which was a little annoying but oh well.

By then five years passed in a blink of an eye.

We took that long to absorbed the crystals, but didn't gain that much experience nor any special ability for most of them were snow and water creatures crystals, the totally opposite of us.

Wouldn't make sense to learn Water Ball now would it?

But now I, proudly, present our hard work through all these years of hunting, absorbing crystals and training:

Older Brother

-Appraisal completed-

Name: Palarran Thilgon Mìnaothon

Gender: Male

Race: Platinum Hell Hound

Age: 5

Level: 49

HP: 1340-1340

MP: 315-315

SP: 1975-1975

Attributes: Fire, Shadow

Titles: The Wise, Angry One, Reincarnated, Older Brother, Whispering Voice, Strategist

Attacks: Claw 48, Bite 49, Swim 10, Fireball 42, Fire Breath 47, Sneak 49, Dodge 52, Dash 48, Sing 72, Tail Whip 20