Chapter Twenty-Eight

This time, for some reason, I changed almost immediately. My head felt heavy with the pair of horns in it, one going up and slightly turning back, and the other curving sideways.

I found really strange to see something in the corner of my eyes all the time, as the pointy horn that curved like a goat horn kept appearing. And my tail, my whip tail, was... a little too long? It had the same size of my entire body and a little more, with a constant need to be curved in the air so not to be dragged on the ground, making noise and marking our path.

My brother tail was better, a normal one at that, staying out off the ground by little. Well, at least my tail whip would be truly a whip, hehe.

Ding – Requirements for Secret Unique ability met – Appraisal/Presence Sense Fused into Third Eye

Oho, sounds cool, what's that? I got my answer once my crystal starts to itch like hell, making me rub again against the sofa.

It was fast though, and once it stopped I could... I could see everything. It was really weird to suddenly have another eye, but even worst is that it showed a different image; everything was highlighted, as if in a dark blue background were the objects shone with a light of their own, and there was too some... some things like rivers of light going about.

Leonel, who was cooking again, goes to check on my ruckus, and all I can see from him is a bright light, a mix of white, yellow and blue, as well as some... some lines going in and out of him.

Narrowing my eyes, I try to see beyond that, and as I approach him I can feel him tense under my intense stare as I analyze him fully. There are a lot of tiny black lines going to him, trying to spread like petrol on water, and a few blue and yellow ones.

But the one who stood out was a red yellowish one because... well, because in the other end was me. That one was linked right to his hearth, forming a drop in his vast white ocean.

I must have stared for far too long because even Leonel felt distressed.

"Thilgon? Everything ok?"

"Ah, yes, well, somehow, I mean... I kind of seemed to gain a Third Eye that sees things differently and it is confusing me right now."

Like, how my vision goes to him and his tall body with his long blond hair held in a high ponytail to a bright white silhouette. Back and forth. Back and forth.

"Ugh, I think I have a headache."

"You should lay down."

I do as told, covering the crystal with my paws but to no use; if it could see through walls, what good my paws would do right?

We ended up spending the rest of the day there as I tried to control and understand my new body; specially the eye thing. I kept myself low, observing Leonel as he put a responsible aura on and went preparing everything, for bottles to carry the rest of the water, to clothes, backpack, food, and sometimes even going out; which gave me a restless feeling, even though he just went to the others rooms; as I kept my ears up for any trouble.

At dinner he was once more cooking, and since I learned how to "close" my eye and use it only when I needed it, I stood up for a better look, sitting on the other side of the balcony on top of the chairs, crossing my paws on the counter and resting my chin upon them, while I observed him.

"Where did you learn how to cook?"

He was stirring the pot again, happier that he found more mixtures on the others rooms, gladly not expired as the dungeon was still a young one.