Jet Lagged

Tom woke up with sun filling up his room with bright, yellow light.

He clicked in his phone to read it was 9:28 in the morning Pacific Standard Time.

It was just three days ago he landed in LAX from Australia, and he was getting no better.

He had spent the past three months in Australia filming his knew movie "Fall Out," and doing panels and interviews. What he really wanted was to escape fame for awhile, head back to London, and just rest. But being in this industry, he didn't always get what he wanted.

In four days, this coming Friday, was the United States/United Kingdom premiere of Fall Out which meant red carpet and many many more interviews and panels. Gladly, after that, it would be over. That all would be done in about one month. He could make it.

Sleepily, he got up and out of his bed and stretched.

He padded to the bathroom half asleep, only to be woken up by the face that reflected back at him. The dark circles around his eyes made him think of himself as a raccoon. Being a couple days since he shaved, the hinting of a new beard came on Tom's jaw. Not to mention a bad case of bed head.

Still very tried, he splashed some water on his face and combed his hair.

He had the shaving cream canister in his hand, ready to squirt some out, when there was a reasonable knock in the hotel door.

Tom did not expect any company, he, in fact, was planning on having a little me-time before his interview today.

Putting the cream down, Tom walked over to the door and opened it.

There he was standing like with cherubic figure. Tom looked in the eyes of Robert Downy Jr.

"Robert!" Tom exclaimed. Robert is his co-star in the film, but he had not expected a surprise visit from him--he had his own family to go home to.

"Hey, Tom! Wow, do you look jet lagged." he said hugging Tom. Tom gave a little "eh eh eh" and before he could comment, Robert began.

"So, Tom, I just stopped by to inform you that our interview was cancelled. Instead, Joss Whedon invited us to a little dinner party. He said he invited the other Avengers and a couple other actors. "Friends" he said, but, you know." He ended with a shrug.

"Oh, well, great!" Tom answered, confused.

"Yeah, so, I'll text you all the details and stuff." Robert finished. They said there goodbyes and Tom closed the door.

'Great,' Tom thought. 'This is brilliant! Instead of being stuck with lines to read off, I get to hang with my friends! How amazing!'

And with that he went into his bathroom.