Hangover

The next morning, Tom woke up hungover as fuck.

It was drink after drink at that party, and he didn't even realize that was the case until he nearly kissed Colbie Smulders. Thank God that Chris had been by his side.

He had no specific reason behind his actions and now sober, could not explain to himself why he did it.

Tom now sat alone in his flat reading... or trying. His head hurt and he felt the need to puke, along with many other pains of a harsh hangover.

His reading was interrupted by his phone vibrating. He reached for it to see it was a text from Chris: "you doin all rite mate?"

Honesty is the best policy, but Tom didn't want Chris on his back all day. He typed back a simple "yes, and thanks for the help last nite"

Tom's phone buzzed again, but he refused to check the message. Instead, he held it in his hand for a little while before throwing at a wall. Anger boiled inside him for becoming this prick. This prick who's feelings were too strong for them to come out. He had promised himself, he promised last night was going to be the night he told Ben his feelings. Instead, he let Ben slip right through his fingers.

This was going to kill him if he didn't tell Ben soon.

Fuck it Tom thought. He walked across the room to his phone (which still worked thankfully) and texted Ben.