Traffic

I'm so sorry

xRachelx

+++

Tom was getting a bit iritated.

His ride was suppose to be here by nearly 45 minutes ago! Why the hell was it so late. He would never make it to the carpet in time. He would have to explain to Ben the whole situation. Actually, he kind of already did. He had texted him, but no reply.

Thinking a text was not enough, Tom pulled his phone back out and dialed Benedict's number.

It kept ringing until it finally went to voicemail. Tom decided to leave one:

Hey Benedict, it's Tom. Look my driver still hasn't come so I may be very late to the red carpet. I'm sorry again. See you then, hopefully.

Another ten minutes pass and Tom was not only annoyed at the driver, but also at himself for being so mad. He decided to turn the on the tele. The news was on and they were reporting some car crash right in downtown. Right before they were going to finally show who the victims were and get tie some of the story up, Tom's driver was finally here. With all the traffic, he would be close to and hour and a half late.

+++

In the back of the limo Tom sat quietly. He had simply phased the crash and focussed more on how he could regain that friendship with Benedict.

But the crash came up again. They were passing the scene.

It had been a severe T-bone. A cargo truck had rammed into a... limousine?

"Driver, do you know what happened?" Tom asked.

"You didn't hear? I was wondering why you weren't sad or grieving. It wad horrible horrible tragedy Tom. I am so very sorry for your loss..." the driver had answered.

What loss? Tom thought. He was getting scared now. "What loss? What happened?" Tom asked anxiously. He was now on the edge of his seat, trying to get a better view of the scene. Paramedics were putting a covered body, like they do with the dead, in the back of the ambulance.

"Tom," the driver said. They were now making way to the carpet. It was just in sight. "The accident... The man they were putting in the back... It was Benedict."