14

Lucy POV

We walked in the restaurant, low chances he knows them. But I'll try asking, worth trying.

We sat down in a nearby table,

"So, I see you Natsu and the gang got closer."

I nodded,

"So, um. Sting, what have you been doing lately?" I say, starting with small talk,

"Eh, nothing much. Just been hanging out with past friends."

"Oh, how are they?" I ask, Sting scrunched up his nose,  the waitress came over with our drinks.

"Fine." Sting says in a thick voice that makes me believe he's not telling the truth.

"You sure?" I ask,

"Yup, they're fine."

Clearly, he doesn't want to tell me.  I'll ask later.

"So, what did you want to ask me?" Sting asked

"So, this might seem weird,"

I started twiddling my thumbs,

"But, I'm just asking. I mean I don't expect to know this person. I want to tell someone, I mean there's always a chance you might know the person or the person that's knows this person."

Sting stoped me by coughing, whoops rambling.

"Well, there's this guy. Kinda weird if I'm being honest. There was a tall guy with violet eye's  dark brown hair that almost looks black. He asked for my name and when I gave it he went total fanboy and asked me out." 

"This was today?" Sting asked, I nodded.

Sting muttered under his breath.

"Do you know who the guy is?" I ask.

He looked up at me, looked like he was about to say something.

"Um, I got to go. sorry." He left jewel on the table to pay for the meal, and quickly ran off before I could question or give his money back.

That was weird..but it is late. So maybe he was busy and it did sound like he wasn't having a good day. I paid for the meal and left.

I was exhausted and flopped on my bed and slept.

++++++time skip: next morning+++++

I got up, brushed my teeth and showered. Now that I think of it, Sting was acting strange. What is he not telling me? I'll ask him today, I'm curious. About last night and his past friends he doesn't seem to like to mention.

I got dressed in a white tank top and a purple mini skirt and a belt to hold my keys.

I walked out.  Going toward the guild, Nastu was waiting there and waved at me. I waved back and gave a small smile. But at the corner of my eyes I saw Sting. I turned around and started running to Sting whom seemed to be talking to someone, but before I came the person seemed to notice me and disappeared.

I tapped Sting on the shoulder and said,

"Hey Sting."

He turned around,

"Oh, Hey Lucy." He said with a nervous smile.

"Hey, do you have a moment to talk?" I ask,

He frowned,

"Um, no. I'm sorry, I'm busy."

I sighed and wanted to ask why not, but I didn't.

"Okay." I say

"See you around, I guess."  Its annoying me, he knows something for sure and he's not telling me.  I walked back to Natsu,

"Hey," I say simply. Ugh, does Sting not trust me enough?!  What's happened recently? Have I been to caught up in fairy tail that I haven't been paying attention to Sting?

"Um, hey Lucy. You alright?" Natsu asks as we walk into the guild and sit down.

"Yeah, fine." I lied, and I didn't even try to sound convincing.

"What were you and Sting talking  about?" Natsu asked,

"Nothing,"  I say,

"Nothing, hm?"

I nodded

"See you around, I guess." Natsu mimicked me, wait how does he know?? Ugh, he has amazing hearing thanks to being a dragon slayer.

"Eavesdropper." I say and roll my eyes, Natsu's ears turned pink.

"Did you have dinner with Sting? Heard you asking him, don't worry didn't listen to anymore."

I rolled my eyes,

"Yes, I did."

Natsu signed,

"What's happened? Or, what's happening?" Natsu asked,

"Hanging out with a friend." I say,

"Then what's bothering you?"

"I'm thinking, why are you worrying so much?"

"Because, I care about you."

Ugh, why'd he have to say that?! Now I'm blushing like a manic.

"Fine, we're investigating. Or rather, I'm investigating. " I sigh,

"What are you investigating?" Natsu asked,

"I know it's stupid, but I want to know  who that person was.  Yesterday, that person, I feel like Sting knows who they are or something."

Natsu nodded,

"Oh, I can help you."

"Its okay, thanks." I smile back,

"Why? Why did it bother you that I was talking to Sting?"

Natsu shurrged,

"Its not that it bothered me that you were hanging out with him, it's just you looked upset when you finished talking to him so..."

I nodded,

"Thank you."

And we just stayed there, I looked in Natsu's eyes. He looks so kind, not like the guy who'd ditch his friend for someone else, but I don't hold that against him. I'd do the same if I was him, I'm probably really annoying.

Can't believe I thought Natsu would like someone like me. But would he now?

"Luce? You okay? You're...blushing."

I looked away,  am I?

"Yeah, I'm fine."

I don't think I am...am I falling for Natsu, again?!

Hey guys sorry for the shorter chapter, I'm hoping to upload this before my battery dies. I really hope you enjoyed this chapter. Bye - Destiny ❤