17

Lucy POV

It's been two days since we've been informed of the dance. Erza,Wendy,Romo,Jellal,Juiva,Gray, Natsu and I are going out for dinner. Everyone has a date to the dance, expect me, Natsu and Lisanna.

I want to ask Natsu....but what if he's been asked by Lisanna? Aish, that'd be SO awkward! There over, Natsu doesn't like her, well, from what's he's told me.  I put the last Bobby pin in my hair, I grabbed my clutch purse and leave the apartment.

We met up in front of the restaurant and all said hi.  Once we sat down Erza asked who is going with who at the dance, everyone was talking, expect me and Natsu. I suppose that means he has no one to take to the dance.

"Hello, my name Is Sky. I'm you're waitress for today. What drinks may I get all of you?"

We stopped and ordered, the lady left.
There was one question I knew was going to be asked tonight, but I wasn't prepared when Wendy asked me. I giggled nervously and smiled,

"Who are you going to the dance with Lucy?"

"Just me, alone. Well, you guys will be there so I can talk to all of you. Unless I'm a bother or something." I shrugged,

"No,no,no!" Wendy said shaking her hand back and forth,

"I mean of course you can talk to us! You're no bother. I was just wondering if you were taking someone as you're date or friend."

I nod my head, I should ask Natsu....NOPE! Never mind, stupid idea.  Yeah he's told me he likes me,  and yeah he's not going with anyone..
.but... I'd be teased forever from the girls about liking Natsu, more as a friend. Which, to be fair, I do! I just don't want him to find out yet...I guess.

"So, Wendy who'd you ask?" As soon as I asked, Natsus interest peaked, yes the two talked yesterday
(thankfully nobody was hurt) and they did talk about the Romo situation, and even though Natsu promised he wouldn't do that again to Romo we all know he will.

"Well, Romo asked me. Yesterday."  I could help but feel a bit worthless. I'm proud of Wendy, but a freaking 13 year old managed to score a date before me! Maybe I can ask Sting to come with me as a friend? No, I've  put him through enough.

Ugh, if only I wasn't shy.

As the Wendy, Erza and Juiva were talking, I realized that all the guys huddled up a bit and started whispering. They excused themselves from the table and went near the bathrooms. I was kinda bored since the others were talking about some boy band, I excused myself and left.

Although, Erza was giving me a suspicious look she didn't comment on anything. The guys looked like they were talking something secret, so I couldn't help myself but eavesdrop. They were near the boys bathroom, there was a wall nearby which I hid behind.

"So, Nastu..." Jellal started,

I looked through the small hole in the wall, Natsu started turning pink.

"I'm not a chicken! I'm planning on asking after the dinner." 

Asking....?? Asking what?

"Mhm, sure." Gray said crossing his arms,

"The party is literally in five days, Natsu someone else is going to ask of you don't."

The dance? Oh, so he is asking someone to the dance...i felt my emotions spin crazy like a Tornado.
Why am I getting so worked up  about this?

I felt a sneeze coming, I was concentrating on stopping it so I couldn't hear the rest of the conversation. Finally, I couldn't keep it in anymore and sneezed. The guys stopped, knowing that someone was eavesdropping. I quickly dropped to the ground hoping that if they passed by they wouldn't see me.

I waited a couple of seconds,

"Lucy?" I looked up and saw a very confused Natsu, and Jellal share a 'you don't think she heard right?' Look to Gray. Ugh, the odds are not in my favor tonight.

"Umm, hey guys." I awkwardly wave to them.

"What are you doing on the floor?"

"Urmmm...I lost my Bobby pin.." I know that my lies won't work on Natsu,

"I can help." Natsu said giving me a suspicious look,

"No, it's fine. I found it!" I got off the floor and pretended to put something in my hair.

We walk back to the table in silence, the guys are totally unconvinced.

Erza and the rest didn't seem to notice   the awkward tension.  Juiva, Erza and Wendy continued talking, with the guys occasionally added something to the conversation. I was quiet for the most part, thinking about who Natsu was going to ask.

I would add occasional comments or respond to someone's question, but I didn't really talk. Natsu did the same. I'm not complaining, if anything its interesting to hear things that's happened to my friends for a change, I'm always whining or complaining or something.

It's been about two hours and we decided to leave, we pay and walk outside the restaurant.

I said goodbye to everyone and turned around. I screamed,

"Natsu! Don't scare me like that!"

He was standing right behind me.

"Sorry..." he said,

No one said anything, there was just a silence. Although, it wasn't an awkward one.  Ahhhh, I need to ask him before he asks someone else to the dance!

"Lucy?"

"Natsu?"

We called each other at the same time, why the hell did I call him?! My stupid big fat mouth.

"You can go first." Natsu said

"No,its fine."

Natsu sighed,

"So, you know the dance? The one that's coming up in five days."

I nod,

Jeez, he's going to tell me who he's asking out...

" Well-"

"Natsu, do you want to go to the dance with me?" I blurted out, shocked. Ugh, my stupid mouth!

He smiled,

"I'd love to. I was attuaclly going to ask you."

WHATTTT?! THE PERSON THEY WERE TALKING ABOUT WAS MEEEE?!!!

"Lucy? You alright? You look like you just saw a ghost or something."

"Y-yeah, I'm fine." I turned my head so Natsu couldn't see me, I'm blushing like crazy.

Chapter 17 end

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed the chapter. I was thinking about doing a Q n A, so you can leave questions in this chapter or in chapter 18 (which is coming next week)  tysm- Destiny 💜