Day 7: Curiosity Killed The Cat

Ship: Adrienette

Word Count: 1.295

Summary: Adrien was always pretty curious, so Christmas was always a tough time as he want to know what's inside the gifts. he always tried to get to know what is in it, but Marinette is always quick enough to prevent him from doing so.

-

I'm sorry in advance if there are any spelling and/or grammar mistakes in the text. I did my best to make as less mistakes as I could. Since English isn't my first language, I might have not noticed some of them.

________________________________________________________________________________

Adrien was always pretty curious. He loved to learn new things, he loved to see new things and he loved to discover things. However due to his curiosity he couldn't handle surprises and not knowing what he would get for birthdays and Christmas, father's day got added to the list as well ever since they got their own children.

Marinette being the one married to him, she had her hands full with it. Every year it was the same old story. She had to hide the gifts away from her husband and she had to move it once he got suspicious of her hiding place.

She couldn't really blame him though. He never really celebrated Christmas with gifts, only until his mother passed away when he was little. But he doesn't really remember those anymore. His birthday didn't brought much trill either, as he knew that he would get that same boring pen again just like every other year.

So now that he had a family with three adorable children and a beautiful wife, he did experience all the excitement surrounding the holidays. He would go on and on about it that he wanted to know what the gifts are but Marinette keeps her ground. She was the only one who bought it, wrapped it in paper, hid it and put it under the tree.

Normally she would put the presents a few minutes before under the tree but due to the fact Alya needed her to alter the dress she had made she had to put the presents already under it. After all she didn't wanted to spoil the kids that it wasn't Santa clause who drunk the milk, ate the cookies and put the presents under the tree.

Just like her teen years she knew Adrien's schedule by heart, however now that they are married it doesn't make her look like some stalker. He would have a photo shoot and a meeting with his father, so he would be home around 5pm. So she would already be home with the kids before Adrien arrives, as she is going to pick them up at her parent's place after she fixed Alya's dress.

She just prayed Gabriel didn't cancel his meeting with Adrien, if that happens then he would be home sooner than her. She put her shoes and coat on before she left the house.

Adrien had just finished his photo shoot when he got a call from Nathalie, she told him his father had to cancel their appointment due to something important getting in between. Adrien knew that this would happen, it always did after all. Just a little less than in his teen years, but still it could still upset him every now and then. His father was getting older and their relationship didn't improved that much. He should thank Nathalie though for the little improvement they made, ever since his father married Nathalie he had changed a bit for the better and he hoped that Nathalie was able to push his father further in the right direction.

"My lady, I'm home." he called out but there was no response.

The upsetting feeling disappeared and curiosity and excitement took over. Marinette wasn't home, so this might be his chance to find the presents. He quickly kicked his shoes of and thrown his jacket onto the coat rack. He slipped Into the living room, wanting to take the stairs to the first floor from there. However he stopped when he saw the presents laying under the tree.

A smirk appeared on his face as he got closer towards the presents. He couldn't believe it that Marinette would put it so in the open. He looked at the gifts, searching for a gift with his name on it. Once he found one he reached out for it and took it in his hands. However one he pulled the present towards him he got fling into the air by some ropes, causing him to hang a few meters above the ground. Due to the shock he had dropped the present on the ground, fortunately it felt soft so it didn't got broken.

Adrien let out a grown in annoyance of course it was too good to be true that she would put the presents in the open like that. He should have known that it was a trap. However he never thought his wife would booby-trap the presents like that, nor did he know she was capable of doing so. Then again she was Ladybug, the one that found solutions with strange random items she got from her lucky charm. So maybe he shouldn't be surprised about the trap she had set up.

Adrien tried to get his phone from his pocket. It took him awhile but he succeeded eventually. He pressed the home button until the Siri screen came up.

"Siri, call Woman of my dreams." he ordered his phone.

Once his phone began to call Marinette he brought his phone as close as possible in front of his face and pressed the button to put the call on speaker mode.

"Hello?" Marinette said.
"Hi, where are you?" Adrien began trying to sound as normal as he possibly could.
"I'm at Alya's, I needed to adjust her dress for a family dinner she has tonight at her In-law's."
"When will you be home?"
"Around 4.30pm I think. I need to pick up the kids at my parents place after I'm done here."

Adrien looked at the time that was displayed at the right corner of his screen. Great, it was just 1.35pm.

"Can you get here sooner? I'm kind of in a stringy situation." he said.
"You touched the gifts didn't you?" Marinette replied right away, she knew her husband and his puns like she knew the back of her hand and was able to link the pun directly to the trap she had put up for the curious man.
"What? Of course not."
"Adrien I know you longer than today."
"Okay fine I did touch the gifts. But seriously, did you really had to booby-trap the gifts?"
"Having you on the phone right now proves that it was needed. If I didn't you would already opened all your gifts."

Adrien rolled his eyes, he hated it that she was right. If he was able to control his curiosity then he wouldn't had been hanging there. Curiosity killed the cat after all, and there is no satisfaction that would bring it back to life right now. He felt embarrassed, uncomfortable and betrayed at the same time.

"Please get back home and get me out of here..." he begged.
"I'm sorry Adrien but I can't. This dress needs more adjustments then I thought. I mean I just heard my best friend is pregnant and that that's the reason why she doesn't fit it anymore." Marinette said happily.
"Congrats to her and Nino, but are you really going to leave me hanging? I don't want to be stuck here for two hours." he whined.
"I'm sorry Adrien but I can't leave right now. Just see it as a lesson not to touch the gifts next time."
"You will booby-trap them again, won't you?"
"Maybe I will."
"Marinette..."
"I got to go now, I'll see you later." with that Marinette hung up.

Adrien let out a grown in annoyance. He had no idea that Marinette could be so evil. He would get back at her in some way, he didn't know how but he sure would. He had two hours to think about it anyways. Two hours until his wife would return with the kids and hopefully would let him get back down.

He sighed this was going to be the longest two hours in his life.