Chapter Five

The Alpha of Death.

A life for a life

My mind was racing.

How did I end up in this situation? Could Azrael be telling the truth, was I really essentially killing innocents by tampering with the balance of life?

No, it couldn't be...the Moon Goddess wouldn't do something like that. If anyone was the murderer between the two of us, I was more than certain that it would be Azrael.

I was torn from my thoughts as Azrael stood up in front of me and grabbed the back of Luke's shirt I was wearing, hoisting me off of the floor. I desperately dropped my hands to the hem of the shirt, trying to keep it from rising higher than it already was—especially considering the company I found myself in.

My vision instantly swirled as I was forced quickly to my feet, the whole world spinning ever so slightly as I tried to regain my balance. Involuntarily I gripped on to his arm for support, I didn't even know how I was standing in the first place.

Azrael glared down at my hand, he shook off my hold and instead grabbed me by the elbow towing me back in the direction of the large pack building.

Serena's teary, betrayed face flashed before my eyes. Luke's limp, bloodied body strewn across the grass. I wondered if word had gotten back to our pack about what had transpired here. I thought of my mom and dad, I wondered if they were worried about me...

I wanted to tell him that I wouldn't stay with him, that I would do everything in my power to get away but I knew that I couldn't do or say any of that—for the sake of my friends and pack.

"I hate you." I murmured.

"Anything else?" There was sarcasm practically dripping off his voice, it infuriated me how callously he treated this entire situation.

"You're heartless and cold...and you know what? I feel bad for you. I can't imagine what it's like to live with yourself knowing how much of a monster you are." I added with as much venom as I could muster in my current state.

Azrael snorted, "You have no idea."

My jaw dropped as I stumbled after him with no more fight to be found within me, only complete and utter exhaustion mixed with a hint of defeat. While I never once imagined it, it made sense there would be someone else with magic similar to my gifts; that I would have a counter of sorts.

"Where are you taking me?" I finally managed.

He didn't bother sparing me a glance, Azrael kept tugging me towards the place I was not too long ago incarcerated in. "Where you belong."

My mate...I couldn't even begin to wrap my head around the situation. He was my mate, this cold hearted, ruthless man was my soulmate for life. What had I done in a past life to deserve this kind of sick joke?

Azrael pulled me inside of the building and quickly navigated is downstairs to the lowest level that housed the jail cells from before. The musty scent was almost familiar to me already.

Like before, I was practically tossed into the cell only this time it hurt just a little extra considering who was doing the tossing.

As much as I wanted to stay forever collapsed onto the floor and sleep all of this away, I was on my feet in an instant and dashing to the door; to which he promptly slammed in my face.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Are you really going to put your own mate in prison?"

Again, I wanted to add.

I wrapped my hands around the cold steel bars that separated us only slightly. Even in the dimly lit, musty jail I watched Azrael's stoic face upturn into a smug, sadistic smile.