Chapter Thirteen

OK SO, this chapter is beyond late and i am mega mega super sorry for that! i'm doing a double update, posting this chapter and another one that'll be a nice little change of pace hopefully hehe. so sorry again loves < 3
oOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOo

Recap:
I hummed quietly to myself as I stepped out of the shower and reached for the closet towel which was of course black in color.

"The song was right about one thing."

My blood instantly chilled and I was frozen to my spot as I heard Azrael's menacing voice behind you, "There's no where you can go where I will not come back to you and find you."

Aw sh:t.
—————————

My hands clutched the towel in a vice like grip, it was strange how clothes felt like a barrier between us and I was currently lacking that safety.

Azrael advanced towards me slowly, "What the f:ck are you doing in here, little one?" My mouth opened but no words came out. "Cat got your tongue?" With his increasingly close proximity I felt my stomach begin to do somersaults much to my dismay. I couldn't think straight, all I wanted to do was jump into his arms and wrap legs around his waist.

With every step he took, I moved back one until my back connected with the wall; a position I found myself too often in with him.

Sapphire and Emmanuel had been kind enough to let me out of the prison, it was the first genuine ray of bare minimum hope I'd experienced here. There was no way I could out them after they'd been practically my saving grace even though I'd originally been against them locking me in here.

Azrael ran a hand through his hair, the look of fury suddenly vanishing from his features. He stepped backwards away from me with a tired sigh, I hadn't noticed how weary he looked. My eyes flickered over his body, noticing the black veins running across his arms again. I looked further down and noticed something that sent all the blood rushing to my cheeks. Even in his clearly exhausted state there was still a very obvious bulge in his pants.

He tugged his shirt off and over his head and tossed it to me. My heart was pounding against my chest, what was originally complete and utter fear suddenly transformed into a whole other reason for my heart to be having a practical seizure.

The body of a literal greek god. It wasn't fair to the rest of the male population for him to be this muscled and sexy. It wasn't the gross steroid pumped muscles but the kind where you could tell he spent hours of blood sweat and tears as a warrior.

Damn this goddamn mate bond.

"Whatever, it doesn't matter. This whole situation wreaks of Sapphire and Emmanuel's meddling." Azrael grumbled.

"Get changed and get in the bed." Once more I opened my mouth to try and get words out because obviously sleeping in the same bed was the last thing I wanted to do. His sharp look froze any words from leaving my mouth, "This isn't up for discussion, don't make me regret dropping the fact you directly went against my wishes—escaping prison, sneaking into my private room and making yourself at home."

I dropped my gaze to the floor, "Could you please turn around?" I hated how meek my voice came across.

Again Azrael sighed but begrudgingly turned around, as quickly as I could manage I pulled his shirt over my head and by the time I was situated I noticed Azrael had stripped down to his boxers. He was already walking towards the bed, a grimace crossing his face as he sunk down into the bed. Something was wrong and I suspected it had something to do with the unnatural colored veins taunting his skin. Probably also the reason that Azrael had all too quickly dropped his anger with me.