Chapter 26- My Best friend and My Girlfriend

(-Luke-)

“Man, I really like we’re brothers though we’re not. We’ve been best friends for ages.” A smirk escaped from my lips as he wasn’t even focused. He was texting which was annoying. His phone was never out of his hand throughout our chilling session.

“Yeah, we’re brothers.” He nonchalantly responds still occupied with his phone. I was clearly curious of what keeps him occupied but I don’t even bother to ask.

“Hang on a second” He snapped as he placed his phone on the coffee table heading o the bathroom. His phone suddenly vibrates as curiosity brings me up to grab and sees who was calling.

Christen.

What?! Shit. No.

“Hello babe? Are you still there? What took you so long to reply?” It was her. It was her voice. What’s going on? What are the things I didn’t know?

No. No It can’t be. I was dropped dead in confusion as I ended the call. My fingers hovered through the screen to see his messages

Christen: I love you Ash, I can’t break up with Luke this easy. I’m really scared of him. Take care hun, xx

I froze at my spot. The phone was hardly clutched in my hand in fury. My nerves trembled in extreme angst as I rose to my feet. Slowly I feel my demons start to overcome me as I clenched my fists feeling my inside burn.

“Why the fuck did you touch my phone?!” He argued as he grabbed the phone from my hand. His eyes were merely shocked enough as I roughly pulled him in his collar.

I scowled “Why the fuck did you touch my girlfriend!”

“You don’t even deserve her. She doesn’t love you!”

I punched him square in his jaw as his lips started to bleed “Who the fuck do you think you are for you to say that?! Who the fuck are you!”

“You’re my bestfriend Ashton!” I almost screamed on top of my lungs as my hand was still hardly gripped in his collar almost strangling him. It was inevitable. I threw my fist at his cheek and at his jaw mercilessly multiple times while screaming in my profanities.

Once I gave him enough, I let him go as he stormed of off outside.

I’m not fucking sorry about what I have done. He deserves that pain. He had been my friend. My best friend. My brother for so much years, where I confessed all my grudges in life. Whom I trusted with everything. Now look what he had done.

The next thing I knew is I was outside with my car driving to Christen’s flat. My heart was racing extremely fast in fury. I just want to burst out in tears, but no. I’m sturdy and never ever in my life that a girl chose any other guy over me.

I stormed inside the building almost running heading towards the lobby. I was in a complete rush as I hastened in the elevator and pushed the button. Few seconds after, I hasted inside. My face dropped as I felt my body slowly melt. I feel like I was being buried alive. I realized I’m already devastated and tired.

This was the feeling when you see the one you love with another.

There they were. In a perfect tableau that kills me. Sitting in the couch, He was comforting him with her soft touch with her arms cradled around him. Pain.

Pain all it brought me. All of a sudden, once her eyes turn to me, her radiant face was wrecked.

“Christen why,”

“Luke, I never planned for this to happen. I swear. I just really love him, and it happened that I love him more than I love you. I can’t really help it. Though I try my best to focus on you. It’s never this easy.” She explains trying to get me.

“Liar what a liar. I gave you everything! Where did I even go wrong?!” I scowled as she starts to cry hardly as I immediately feel my heartbreak. All I ever want is to see her smile. Nothing more, nothing else. But she didn’t just love me; she loved me lesser while she loves somebody else.

How selfish life is.

“Stop the fuck yelling at her!”Ashton pushed me as she pulled Christen towards him and farther from me.

“Shut the fuck up. She’s never yours.” I grumbled.

“Stop acting like you haven’t done something wrong! Your dirty confessions that you fucked Stacy before her birthday?! That you could fuck her any time you want to?! You lived with her not just because of your personal pathetic reasons that you’re being a rebel brat asshole, but you fucking love to see her cry over you! That she chases you! Harms herself because of you! You wanted Stacy as your toy to play and break to prove how such an asshole you are. I’m not fucking stupid to forget it all; I remember what you told me all too well.” Those packs of accusations were thrown towards me.

He stated “All of three standing here did something ungodly. Nobody is clean.”

“I fucking despise both of you.” I hardly and emphasizingly scoffed.

“I’m sorry Luke we’re over.” She spoke dauntlessly

“Fine! If that’s what you wanted, then go! I don’t fucking want to see both of you anymore. Get lost with your lives. Burn together in hell! “I left her and slammed the door shut. I wasn’t in a rush like a while ago.

But I was like a hopeless guy looking for something that I will never ever find. He won that’s right. He got her and I lost her. I lost almost everyone. My girlfriend and my best friend.

I wasn’t supposed to cry, but the impulse is unstoppable. My emotions were all hybrid and unexplainable. Everything was covered with hare. I hate everything, I hate everyone.

Why my best friend?

Why my girlfriend?

I started deleting all of her messages. Our pictures and even her number. I hate her. They ruined me and my trust.

My phone suddenly rang. Michael. Why was he calling?

“Michael?”

“Don’t forget about tomorrow okay? The audition/”

“I can’t come I’m sick”

“Sick?! Luke it can’t be. We’ve been rehearsing for three weeks.”

“I just can’t. I’m really sorry.”