Chapter 33- Starbucks Boy

(-Ashton-)

I woke up the next morning.  I felt technically regretful for not waking up early. Supposed to be, I should be at the airport, trying to stop her, but I'm three hours late. Yes. Christen is leaving for Pairs. Instead of sighing all day long, I tried to deal with the painful fact. If the case is, I was there to stop her or to argue with her, I'll end up getting beaten off with her temperamental brother which you could sum up, that I'll fail if I attempter. Their decisions is constant though Christen and I have discussed about it, I could barely do nothing.

Apparently, I couldn't hardly breathe. I didn't to kiss her goodbye, to touch her for the last time, or even to hold her tight for a while. I mean, I'm not being too sentimental, but isn't it hard to deal with the fact that the one you love is leaving?

I somewhat shudder with the frigid melancholy that surrounded me a while ago. I got my phone beside me, and noticed the voicemail message from her/ I pressed play, and softly close my eyes, letting her recorded message absorb me.

"Uhm- Yeah. Hi, Ashton.. Well, um- I don't know how to start this off.. I have so much things I barely wanted to let out but I don't know where to start." She paused for the next few seconds.

"Well, U'm really happy that I met a talented drummer who sings, and the sweetest boy in my life.. I don't know. You're really different for me Ashton.. They might see you as the typical ones, but for me you're one of a kind. I thought you're just alike those any other boys out there such as Luke, but you weren't.. I feel sorry for being with the wrong guy who loved me who I devastated, yet I should really be with the right guy, which I think was you. I feel sorry for I didn't cease those moments when you're there.. Five month's was really fleeting for me.. Anyway, I hope you don't really find me bitter.. Things got really feckless and I'm obvously a casualty."

"I have caused chaos in your band, Luke's life, your life, the gap between Stacy and Luke, and the complications when it comes to us.. I don't know why life is such a prick." She bitterly laughs, but I could hear she was silently sobbing.

"Oh well.. Sneaking with you was the best thing I ever done.. Flying lanterns and your small drum lessons.. I won't forget every inch of us don't worry, I won't last forever and I believe nothing stays the same.. But I guess I'll have a longer stay unless I don't earn a better life.. Take care of yourslef Ashton, Don't cut." The message had ended and I was waiting for her to say those three words. But there wasn't.

She didn't really love me did she?

The second voicemail started playing "Next time I break down inside your house again, Lock your door."  She sneaked inside my apartment, but I didn't get to wake up. What an chance wasted. Ashton, what a loser.

My heart instantly fell, as I blinked a few tears away. Is it really goodbye? Like we didn't gone through on something? She wasn't even a casualty.. Luke was. He messed up Stacy, Christen, and me. Now everybody does hates him. He even hit Calum, made him leave the band.

We swore promises, we have plans, but was she bashing it all?

Anyway, everything will be constant perhaps. Life would still go on. Let's just pretend that I didn't lose something.

I grabbed my towel and head towards the bathroom. New day, new life.  I faced the mirror and took a deep breath. I badly needed a shave. A red mark caught my attention. It was a lipstick stain, or a kissmark. Did she kissed me? She kissed me? seriously? Why wasn't I awoken up? Was I a deep sleeper?

*******

"I don't know" I shurgged laughing. "I don't know why girls sqeual out, I'm not good looking. I look like a homeless duck,:

Ness rolled her eyes "Eversince you got here in Starbucks, they have gained horny teenage girls hanging out around."

"Look, there's one coming." Ness pointed out the group of teenage girls that just walked in. They are those typical fourteen year-old girls dressed up casually with crop tops and daisy dukes with their faces caked with make ups.

"Good evening, welcome to Starbucks, may I take your order?" I corteously spoke usually with my customer friensly voice and a nice smile like a pre-school teacher.

"Oh my God!" The two girls, behind the middle ones that reminds me of Regina George from mean girls started squealing like I was a God and blushing till death. The slut looking girl, was demure, as she moves seductively. Yuck.

"Three Grande Caramel Brulée Frapuccinos"

"Name please?"

"Kendra" She purred

"Come again sorry?" I asked quite not getting what she said.

"It's Kendra," She repeated as I wrote her name on three Grande frappe cups. Ness started doing her job, and started making their frappuccinos.

The two other girls, took out their seats, as Kendra was the one who's left on the counter sending me flirty gazes "I really like you." It was pretty awkward. She paid for their frappes, as Ness brskly gave them their frappes once she got done.

Ness elbowed me quietly giggling "See? people really like you. Even the senior citizens and the toddlers."

I retorted "Seniors and cougars are gross"

"At least you're the apple of the eye." Ness snickers as she was doodling some random things on a piece of paper with a sharpie. She was a boyish somewhat kind of girls. It was just two weeks since I started working here, and I've noticed when we sometime hang out, She mostly wears flannels, loose shirts and ripped jeans with her snapbacks, and her carefree attitude.

"Michael?" It was Michael, who was walking towards the counter, with a crooked smile and his hair dyed green.

"Ashton is that you?" Michael chuckles in disbelief.

"Are you long lost brothers?" Ness sarcastically blurts.

" I guess so.. Since when did you start working here?"

"Since the world began?" I smirked.

"Oh, by the way she's Vanessa."

"Ashton, it's Ness." She said.

"Oh yeah, right, she's Ness. Ness, he's Michael."

-

Whoopiee how is it? is it ok? anyway, I really enjoy this fanfic. like really omg there are so much things I am planning to happen.

stay tuned potatoes!