8

As Ivy woke, the first sight to greet her was Harley's face a mere few inches away from her. Sometime in the night they both had turned towards each other on the flower bed and Ivy was so close to Harley she could feel the heat of Harley's body.

"I was right about one thing. The sight of Harley first thing in the morning is something I could really get used to." Ivy thought to herself with a grin.

Being oh so careful, Ivy reached out a hand and rested it on Harley's hip and slowly started to caress her waist back and forth.

Harley still asleep began to smile. Ivy was so close, it would only take slight effort to bring her lips to Harley's and kiss her.

Even asleep Harley's breathing became deeper and faster. "Oh Red." She finally breathed out.

"YES." Ivy thought triumphantly. "It wasn't just one time at Arkham, Harley does dream about me."

Ivy was just about to wake Harley and help her with her 'education' when she noticed the pleased smile on Harley's face disappear to be replaced with one of stark terror. Harley's breathing which had deepened with desire was now starting to come in quick fearful gasps.

"No! Please Mr. J. I'll do anything just don't hurt Red. NO. NO." Harley finally gave a ragged scream and sat bolt upright on the flowerbed.

Gasping and shaking Harley wrapped her arms around herself and rocked back and forth a few times.

"Harley! What's wrong?" Ivy said as she quickly let up beside her and wrapped her arms around the smaller woman.

"Nightmare." Harley replied and swallowed several times before she could continue. "You and I were in this dark dank room, you were telling me how beautiful I was and started to kiss me and the Joker burst in. He tied us up back to back and hung us from the ceiling. Mr. J. came around in front of me and showed me a large sharp knife and then walked around to your side. I heard you scream and Mr. J. say, 'just like skinning a hyena.' He then crossed back to my side and he was covered in blood and grinning at me. He then said, 'your turn now Harley gal and do try not to get your blood on me like that plant bitch did.' That was when I woke up."

"It was just a dream Harley. It means nothing." Ivy said as she tried to hug the woman even closer.

"No." Harley yelled and leapt out of Ivy's arms. "We have to get out of here Red. Mr. J. will find this place easily enough. We have to go somewhere to hide out he won't think to look for."

Ivy frowned and lay back down on the flower bed and looked over at the distraught Harley. "Don't be silly Harley. Not even the Batman found this place. He captured me while I was trying to steal some rare plant toxins. This place is safe enough."

"Ivy! Come on. It's an abandoned exotic plant store. How hard do you really think it would be for the Bats or Mr. J. to figure out where you would hide?"

Ivy frowned but then replied. "Gotham is filled with these places. The rich and elite always want fancy plants to lighten up their dreary homes but the air here is so polluted the plants don't live long and the stores end up closing. What makes you think Batman or the Joker would come directly to this one?"

"So they try them all. Sooner or later they will find this one."

"You don't even know that the Joker has escaped from Arkham yet." Ivy pointed out.