Crime Scene

Gavin was waiting in the living room on his phone. He was "stalking" certain people on the internet, not out of boredom, but out of anger. Certain people who have clearly wronged him in the past, and took advantage of his naive behavior at the time. The sound of Connors feet shuffling around in the bathroom kept Gavin on edge and alert of his presence. There was no way Gavin would let his guard down around Connor again, especially after the evidence room fiasco. Gavin shuddered at the memory. He remember the cold neutral expression on Connors face during the incident, and how similar it was to...to...

"Detective Reed" Connor called from the hallway. Gavin jumped to his feet, being brought back to reality by the android, or machine, or person, or whatever we call them now. Whatever, Gavin put his phone back in his pocket and grabbed his keys. He turned and faced Connor. Gavin froze for a moment at the appearance of the android. He was barely recognizable to Gavin, which he supposed was a good thing. "I presume my appearance should be acceptable for our investigation now."

Gavin only rolled his eyes and sighed. "Yeah, your appearance is acceptable, but not that attitude. If your going to go undercover, you need to play the part" Gavin pointed out, kind of surprising Connor partially. "You can start by dropping those big words and just talk like a normal human being."

Connor continued to look at Gavin with a deadpan stare, but inside he couldn't help but wonder, What happened to Gavin. From the quick glance he was able to catch from the photo of Gavin and Elijah, Gavin clearly had a close relationship with his creator. Maybe Connor could ask Mr. Kamski about it at a later date.

"Are you going to stop staring at me like a creep, tin can?" Gavin yelled at Connor. Before Connor could answer Gavin said "Whatever, let's get going."

The two of them exited Gavin's house and Gavin locked the door. They entered the car, and drove off to the Eden Club.

Though it was only late afternoon at their arrival, it was usually around the time many people were walking by, in or out of the club. Connor suggested that they enter the club to avoid gaining conspicuous looks from passersby, especially from the VH500 android. They know the deviant wasn't a Traci, but she did work here as a bartender. Her reason for completely deviating was most likely due to mistreatment from a customer, or even the manager. So Connor assumed.

"She's usually hiding in the apartment above." "I saw her wearing a red jacket in the corner store." "There's no way she would run away too far." "She's long gone by now." "I saw her on the train to..." Connor could see the annoyance displayed on Gavin's face while they received very mixed responses. They walked to the crime scene only a block away, and it was surprisingly tidy. Well, aside from the faint smell of blood and blue thirium.

Connor noticed some bloody hand prints on the walls and the railings above. To an outsider it would seem as though that's where the deviant had gone, but Connor knew better than to look at just the big picture. Upon closer inspection the window would've broken, unless open at the time. Even then, there would've been prints on the window no matter how faint. But there was nothing.

"Detective Reed" Connor started, and turned to face Gavin who appeared to be staring at the same thing. "It may appear the deviant has gone up the railings, but I should inform you it would be near impossible."

Pause

"Unless she had a helping hand" Gavin said. Connor was suddenly hit with deja vu. This may be similar to the case he had with Hank before the revolution. "At the very least, we should interrogate the building, just to be sure" Gavin said moving closer to the android. But staying just out of arm's reach. "Only that one room has been interrogated, but not the rest of the building."

Connor sensed a disturbance in the building at Gavin's words. Gavin's reaction appeared to be a bit faster, as he was already running towards the entrance. He slowed down for Connor to take the lead, only wanting to reach the entrance to lower the chances for escape. For some reason this intrigued Connors mini admiration for the detective.

"Detective, the disturbance took place on the 3rd floor in room 35" and Gavin took the lead once more. Has Gavin always been this fast? Or was Connor just distracted? Probably both. Connor kept his senses alert and was sure to keep track of the deviant this time.

Arriving at the door, instead of knocking, Gavin kicked it down in one try. The residence in the room shrieked and ran further into the room out of fear. 2 androids and a human male. Connor strolled in behind Gavin and put his arms up towards them to calm them down. "It's alright, we're only here for an investigation." Gavin continued breaking down every closed door in the hallway. "And I apologize for my partner" Connor muttered to them, before following Gavin.

"Hey Connor, do yourself a favour and check these samples."

Doing as he was told, Gavin faced away looking around the room. It was a very messy room and from downtown, near the Eden Club, that's saying something. "Gavin, this is the blood of Catherine De'hore. The little girl that..."

"Yes I know dipshit!" Connors sight went red, and he turned to face Gavin. Connor has been as nice as he could, and tried to avoid argument with Gavin ever since the revolution. But this name calling, and practically verbal abuse, and unwillingness to cooperate had gotten on Connors last nerve.

"Detective Reed, I have been holding back and have accepted your harsh vocabulary up until now" he moved towards Gavin, completely ignoring the terrified expression on his face, backing him into the wall. "I request that you now refrain from saying such harsh things to me, and those I care about. Especially Lieutenant Anderson." Connor paused, before hearing a small rumble from the closet.